Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestanding Lace

I just did my first freestanding lace project and am wondering if I should use starch --- or something else --- to make it stiffer. It is a person and I can see that it would be possible that it would droop if it wasn't stiffened up a bit. Thanks

Nancy

What stabilizer did you use? My wash-away stabilizers usually leave enough 'glue' in the piece to allow it to stand up perfectly. I have two large angels that are multi-pieced and they always stand well. Don't over wash the stabilizer out.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

If after you wash the stabilizer ou and you feel it needs to be stiffer you can take a small picece of the wash away stabilizer and dissolve it in some water and brush it on your lace project and let it dry, but as Sandy saidit should leave enough glue in place to stiffen I sufficiently.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Thanks Ladies --- I did wash the stabilizer out pretty well, but after leaving it out and drying overnight, it it stiff enough and once I get the wings on, it will be perfect. I enjoyed it so much, I am going to do a mirror image of it. Thanks again!!

Nancy

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
        Type: Public
        Topics: 239
        Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X