Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embroidery ornaments

I am wanting to do some embroidered ornaments, but a few of the designs I have been looking at say to open the dieline files with embroidery software. But if you do not have the software you can use Wilcom's TrueSizer --- it is free. I do not have any embroidery software and was wondering if anyone has ever used this and if it was really necessary.

Thanks for any input

Nancy

Beth - I have a lot of unanswered questions about this. I've used Wilcom's TrueSizer and it isn't difficult to use - and it is free. I do, however, question why you would need to open the file on your computer except to save and then transfer to your embroidery machine. What site are you looking at for designs? What model embroidery machine do you have? What format do you need?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy, I found the ornaments on Embroidery Library. I think Urban Threads was the same. They say that you print the dielines out on the computer and then use them to cut the fabric (in my case - felt) to the correct shape and size. I don't know why you couldn't run the placement stitch and then use that to make a template to cut the felt to the correct size and shape. I have a Babylock Ellageo Plus embroidery machine and it uses PES format. I am not always computer savvy and the Wilcom's TrueSizer seemed like an extra step that I wasn't sure was necessary.

Nancy

Comment

I think you have a good idea there - stitch out the placement lines on a tear-away stabilizer and then use it to cut your shapes. Or - if you have some applique scissors, stitch your felt down and then trim close to the stitch line. Just be careful that way that you don't tear your stabilizer.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
        Type: Public
        Topics: 239
        Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X