Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wash or not?

I'm making some tea towels to be sold on consignment and I'm using water soluble stabilizer. Should I wash the towels before taking them to the shop or cut the stabilizer down and print some washing instructions? I definitely don't want the towels to look used.

Anyone have some wonderful suggestions?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Sandy, I have made towels, too, with water soluable. Usually most of it tears off, but if there is any residue left, and you are consigning, I think I'd wash them. If there is just a bit left, you might be able to spray with water and peel it off.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

If you wash them, you could put a note on them saying they have been washed to make them free of the stabilizer.
      Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

If you don't want to wash them, spray it a bit to dissolve the stabilizer. Then iron.

Comment

A note of caution about spraying with water ... I tried this when trying to get water soluble stabilizer off a baby quilt. It became an ooey, gooey mess and I ended up washing on a short wash cycle - no detergent. It came out great!!

Nancy

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
          Type: Public
          Topics: 239
          Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X