Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking Ahead for the Holidays

While I am working on this quilt I have been thinking of what I might make for gifts. I have been interested in the tile projects and was wondering if anyone has done one. Any hints or suggestions?
    sigpic

What is a tile project? Do you have a site?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

no ideas from me, I don't know what a tile project is either.

Comment

https://www.janome-embroidery.com/pr...tiling-scenes/
        I am sorry, I should have given more details. There are several on this site that I really like. The covered bridge and the old fashion carriage are my favorites. I was thinking that a few wall hangings would make a different type of holiday gift. I will admit that I was looking for something slightly easier than a quilt. Let me know what you think please.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay, now it makes sense. I have a winter scene one (I've never stitched it out though). That's a similar concept (not as detailed) as the Hoop Sisters. Some of those really work up well.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Okay now I get it. It's like a quilt as you go with embroidered pieces. If you go look in pictures there are a couple of members that have made some. Don't be nervous to ask in a message. I have before. I haven't got bit yet.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Ah. I get it now. I have a few patterns like this from Anita Goodesigns but never tried them because they were so thread intensive. Being a newbie to embroidery, I didn't want to spend so much time on a single block. But these don't look so thread heavy. How many stitches are in one block?

Comment

For the Dashing Through the Snow picture it ranges from approx. 11,000 for the tile with the least stitching to 38,000 for the tile with the most dense stitching. Their is a 20% off coupon which was sent via email also. Think I will go ahead and order, I have had my eye on it for awhile now. I most likely will not start it until fall.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link. I saw several designs for inspiration to do one of the tile quilts. Grandpa fishing with Grandson is just a perfect one for me.

The blocks are time-consuming depending on stitch count. A friend is embroidering one with lots of thread changes from AG designs. One square takes about 5 hours.

PS: You may need to add another layer of stabilizer on the ones that are dense. Most of all have fun and enjoy!

Comment

I have made Dashing thru the Snow as well. I have a poinsettia one, started it but didn't finish it. I didn't like the fabric so I am going to try again with different fabric.

Comment

I am doing an Anita Goodesign tile - Christmas Village and the Anita Goodesign Away in a Manger. The manger becomes the carrying case to store all the little people and animals in.

Comment

I am going to check that one out, thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

oooh, that manger sounds awesome! I'm checking them out too. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I finally have gotten all my threads together for the Dashing Through the Snow tile project. About the background fabric, has anyone used a linen to embroider on? I was thinking it would look nice but was concerned about how it behaves. I will be using two layers of stabilizer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Carolyn - I've not specifically used linen, but I have embroidered on a lot of unusual fabrics. I would say go for it. If you are concerned about fewer fibers, you may consider putting a piece of tulle between the linen and your stabilizer. I would assume, for this project, that you would use cut-away stabilizer and leave it in place when you are finished. Wondering if you could clip the linen in place instead of hooping, also - but that may depend upon the number of stitches in each panel. Do a test . . .
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 239
                              Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X