Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-shirts

I was going through my junk/storage room today looking for my Spring bedding and found a bag of white t-shirts someone gave me a few years ago. I forgot I had them, had no use for them but didn't throw them out. All new and in good shape and have around 25 in different sizes.

Thought maybe I could try some embroidery on them. I have a Rescue My Favorite Breed design that might work and I can give some to the girls down at the animal shelter who volunteer.

My question is can I use my regular tear away stabilizer or do I have to get something different???
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I would use a cut-away stabilizer or a mesh. But my first choice would be the cut-away.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ok, thanks Sandy :-)
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I always think of how it is going to feel against the skin. I would try one with each. I think the no show mesh may be softer for a t shirt. Let us know how it works out.
        Ann

Comment

I just placed an order for mesh. I have another question.

Ironically a friend messaged me today to ask if I would embroider my inky horse designs (I use on pouches and keychains) on her competition tshirts she uses at her cutting horse competitions. I told her I hadn't done tshirts yet but have been wanting to do some and I had some here that I'd try first and then let her know.

What do you think I should charge her per shirt? I don't have a clue. The designs are all under 4000 stitches and are of one color. I thought I'd use my Twist yarn on them with mesh stabilizer.

Comment

I charge $10-$15 per shirt depending on the amount of stitches and the size of the design.

Comment

As for what stabilizer to use, On another forum they said "If you wear it, don't tear it.

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
              Type: Public
              Topics: 239
              Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                Willcox and Gibbs
                by chelea
                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
              • KPH
                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                by KPH
                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
              • KPH
                Secret Santa Arrivals
                by KPH
                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
              • Monique
                It has arrived
                by Monique
                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
              • KPH
                New Leader needed for 2021
                by KPH
                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
              Working...
              X