Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monogram Perfection

I just attempted my first monogram on my Janome 400e. For the most part I am pleased with the results. I am, by nature, a perfectionist and so I would like to see my next attempt to come out better. I used a 5.5X7 hoop. The size of the letters (3 letter monogram in a frame) is a good size. The thread on some of the parts of the letters, however, don't cover the design entirely. In other words, I can see some little areas of fabric between stitch fill. Why is that happening and how can I fix the issue?
    Thank you for your help.

Not familiar with your machine. Questions though - where did you get the letters? Are they built in on your machine or did you digitize them or use some from a third-party? Sometimes we pick up designs and they aren't from the best sources. Sometimes it may be an issue with the thread, the needle, the fabric, the stabilizer . . . a whole lot of experience comes into play. What kind/brand of thread are you using? Bobbin thread? Needle . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I used a monogram from within the machine. Organ needle size 10 I think. Thread is polyester Exquisite brand that came with the machine. The bobbin thread is Sulky but I just received the Janome bobbin thread that I ordered. Fabric is muslin with tear away stabilizer. The Stabilizer also came with the machine. Brand is Exquisite as well.

Comment

Not familiar with any of your threads or your machine - I am assuming this is a practice piece though, since you mentioned using muslin. Also, is that the size of the letter or did you resize it? For instance, on my machine in can enlarge items up to approximately 30 percent - but would lose density of the stitches. Also the muslin isn't woven as tightly and that could cause issues if it were stretched in your hoop.

Good luck with future projects.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sounds like it might be the design isn't dense enough. Try a different piece of fabric and see if you get the same results.

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
          Type: Public
          Topics: 239
          Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X