Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

I have been so hesitant to use my embroidery machine since I got it home. I used the sewing part but was so afraid of trying to embroider something on my own. But I braved it and yesterday I set it up and actually did a monogram letter for a set of stuffed baby blocks I am making. Now I know that's not much but I just wanted to set something up to embroider, hit the start button and have it actually do what I wanted. And it did! Yippee!
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Yeah, Ginny! There's nothing to stop you now. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Cindy

Comment

There ain't no stopping you now!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, in this case it is the first project of many more to come. Enjoy!
        sigpic

Comment

With my embroidery confidence high, after taking the tree down, etc. I headed up to my sewing room and worked on embroidering letters for my grandsons stuffed blocks. They all came out fine. So, I wanted to do some characters for a few of the other sides of the blocks so I stitched a Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and was almost done with Donald Duck when I got the notice on the screen that my bobbin was low. Ugh and uh oh How do I fill and change a bobbin while in the middle of a project? I decided to just leave things since I was getting tired anyway and read my manual and tackle the chore tomorrow.

I tried to find some prewound bobbins on the internet for my machine but I can't seem to find them. More research tomorrow. But I am happy with what I did today. It was fun.
          Ginny B

Comment

I don't know what machine you have, but most allow you to fill a bobbin even with something in your hoop. Check your user manual. See if there is a bobbin position for the hoop too. When I press that on my machine, the hoop moves so that I can lift the hoop a bit and replace the empty bobbin.

And congratulations on such a great start!

Comment

I have to take my hoop out of the machine. If you do also, just make sure you do not take the project out of the hoop. The machine should be where you left off when put the hoop back in.

Comment

Yes, I had to remove the hoop and was able to refill and replace the bobbin but somehow I hit some button and cleared out the pattern so I had to re do my Donald Duck. But that was ok. Live and learn.
                Ginny B

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 239
                Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X