Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB trouble

Hi Again. I finally got enough courage to get my new Janome 400e out of the box. Even turned it on!!! My first attempt at formatting the USB drive failed. The machine won't recognize the drive. One possibility is the capacity is too great. I read somewhere that no more than 2GB should be used. Well I could only find an 8 GB in my local store. Is there a favorite brand and capacity that has worked for owners of Janome machines. Does anyone here have experience with a 500e or 400e machine? There are very few resources available on these specific models.
    Thanks for any advice you can give. I appreciate your past encouragement and support.

I don't have your particular machine but it is my understanding that the machines don't work well with the larger capacity USB sticks. I would try your local quilt shop, they usually have the 2 GB ones. Also M* sells them as do some of the other internet shops. Also my machine will take a direct transfer from my laptop with a USB cable. That may be a possibility for you also.
    Ann

Comment

I did not have to format my usb stick at all. Just plugged it in, and it worked.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Your owner's manual should tell you exactly what size it can handle. I don't have a Janome, but what a variety with other machines. When I owned a Pfaff, the USB thumb drive came with the machine and was only 1GB if I remember correctly, and it was the only one approved by Pfaff or the warranty may have been voided.

I now have a BabyLock, and it uses pretty much anything for USB. any brand. I don't know what size the books says, but my dealer said 8G and I actually used a 16GB for an update. I have never formatted any of the ones I am using, but then none of them are "autostart" which might make a difference.

You will have a tough time finding the smaller USB drives. I've gotten several of mine at Staples. I buy lots of them "just in case" something goes wrong. LOL

Hope some of this helps.
        Nancy
        Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

I found this information from Janome online which might be helpful. It doesn't specifically mention the 400e but does mention the 350e and I would assume the 400e and the 350e would similar. Even the MC11000 will only use a 2G thumb drive.

http://janome.com/contentassets/0e24...-software1.pdf

Nancy
          Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Interesting. Never knew this because my machine came with one.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Check with your local dealer as some will carry the USB with smaller capacity. I've also found the 2GB on Amazon for purchase.

Good luck!

Comment

My sister got all of my thumb drives that were 4 gig and under for her Babylock. They just have too much trouble trying to read one that is much bigger. I think she has used an 8 gig on hers, but really likes the smaller ones.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 239
                Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X