Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New machine on it's way

My new brother designio 820 is ordered. This is my first foray into machine embroidery and I will take all the help and hints I can get. Anyone else have this machine?
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Congrats on the new machine.

I actually have a new machine also - about a month ago. I got a Baby Lock Destiny II.

Test test test is the best tip I can give you. Depending on where you get your design, your machine might not like it as well as it should, and with testing you'll know that before you ruin something. The same is true of thread and stabilizers.

Take it slow and you'll love learning.

Nancy
    Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

WooHoo! Congratulations on the purchase! When will you get it?

Comment

Got it this afternoon and have played around a little. This is the same as the pe770. Who has that machine or this one and what thread do you recommend?

Comment

I have been embroidering since 1998, the best advice
          I can give is to use 'good' quality fabric. (Cheap fabric will pucker)
          Use a good quality stabilizer. Cheap, thin stabilizer will
          cause puckering. Purchase polyester embroidery thread, it handles
          Multi washings and embroidery bobbin thread for best results.

Comment

I have the PE770 and I use Threadart polyester thread. I have lots of other (Coats and Clark, Gunterman and a few others) thread given to me and it all works fine. The best thing is to get a thread stand and have it a little ways from the machine. It gives the thread a chance to relax. Another hint Lori from this forum gave was to join a Facebook group and I've learned so much from it. Lots of inspiration there too. And ever since I learned to float, I don't hoop anything.

I almost bought another PE770 a couple of days ago, it was the deal of the day on Amazon. for $437. I truly love this machine!

Have fun and share what you've made.
            sigpic

Comment

I kept debating between the pe770 and the designio which was more but came with extras. Wouldn't you know they would have a sale as soon as I decided on the more expensive one. I've been thinking about this for almost 2 years. Finally decided I wasn't getting any younger. Have been having fun this week experimenting.

Comment

You won't regret your decision, accessories are expensive. I did purchase the extra set of hoops, and like them. These machines are so much fun! There are a lot of videos on youtube too. Have fun.
                sigpic

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 239
                Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X