Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embroidered quilt blocks

I want to make an embroideried Christmas table runner with Anita goodesign on point pattern. I just can't get it in my head how all this works. Do you put the blocks together and then add one solid piece on the back? Do you embroidery the block like a sandwich? Then, how do you not have seams?

I'm totally new to this, so I need simple.
    Thanks

Connie Jo, it's all done in the hoop. One piece of fabric and stitch at a time. Look on YouTube it will show you. It's fun.

Comment

Connie Jo, I went to an Anita Goodesign embroidery party last year. Check on their website to see if there is one coming up in your area. They are really fun and they usually do several types of embroidery projects. You share a machine so you don't get everything that you make, but whatever you do make you keep. The most important point of the parties is that you learn right there how to do different projects.

If you have an Anita Goodesign CD that you want to use for your project, there are complete instructions for doing the projects on the CD. A lot of times I will print them off so I have the pictures right in front of me.

Did you finish those snowman blocks yet?

Comment

Making the blocks is easy. But yeah, they don't tell you how to join the blocks to make the quilt or table runner.

I think most people sew the blocks together and then sew a backing on the project so it will hide all the stitches on the backside.

Make sure after you finish your blocks that you trim the blocks 1/2", not 1/4". You'll need it extra in the seam.

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
        Type: Public
        Topics: 239
        Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• KPH
          My Secret Santa box has arrived.
          by KPH
          Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
          November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
        • KPH
          Secret Santa Arrivals
          by KPH
          Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
          November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
        • Monique
          It has arrived
          by Monique
          My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
          November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
        • KPH
          New Leader needed for 2021
          by KPH
          We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
          November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
        • KPH
          November and December's Themes
          by KPH
          Just in case you didn't remember....

November- Santa Claus Or Christmas Trees by Ginny B

December- Flying Geese Or Scrappy,...
          October 31, 2020, 08:54 AM
        Working...
        X