Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi needle embroidery machines

I was wondering if anyone out there has a multi needle embroidery machine that they could comment on. My dealer sells Janome, Elna, and Babylock multi needle embroidery machines and I am interested in maybe getting one. I know I cannot afford the 10 needle one (WAY OUT OF PRICE LINE FOR ME). I noticed that the Janome I believe has the 6 needle machine, and the Elna has a 4 needle machine. but the Babylock offers 1, 6 and 10 needle machines. I know Janome has a wonderful following here and are supposed to be great machines. Elna I guess is made by Janome, but have no feedback on those at all.
    I have been embroidering on my Babylock Ellisimo Gold 2, it is great but I am wondering if getting an embroidery only machine would help keep my other one from wearing out !!!! If anyone could comment on any information regarding these machines I would be grateful. I figure they start at $5000 and up to $19,000, which there is no way I could ever justify owning. I just love to embroider and do not want to give it up, and would really like the idea of the hat embroidery also.

I so lusted after a multi-needle machine - until I stood back and took a realistic assessment of my lust and the possibilities . . . I have a friend who has the Babylock (I don't know all the parameters of that machine) and he's used it just a few times. Granted, it is a wonderful machine, but how often would you really use it? Going into a business? Maybe - but that wasn't my 'bag' when I was looking.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy;
      That is what I am worried about to a degree, I just LOVE to embroider and thought it might save my machine some stress. I spend at least 3/4 of the time embroidering, but maybe it would just be as safe in a couple of years buying a new machine, although that is quite a bit of money. I am also looking at the embroidery only machine, it will only do flat material but it might be another way to go, and much cheaper. I have looked at the Spirit by Babylock, and would be cheaper in the long run, but just like a sewing machine not a multi needle application. I am just trying to find a way not to wear out my machine too soon, I already have over 7 million stitches on the poor thing, and I have only had it for about a year. Being retired has allowed me to sew and create things every day.

Comment

I have a friend that got a 10 needle machine. She got it to go into business. She makes all kinds of team stuff, you can do hats easily. She's in a small town, so she's not competing with a mall. We had a had a hat shop that tried on this tiny island. It was gone in a second.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Unless you are going into business making
          embroidery products there is no reason to
          purchase this type of embroidery machine.
          This is a very pricey machine for a few
          home projects.

Comment

I have to agree with the others unless your making a business out of it I see no advantage of a multi needle machine. Yes it done it quicker and you can load all your thread colors but for me the price doesn't justify it.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I think you guys are right, too much money for what I get. I will just look at an embroidery only sewing machine to go with my Ellisimo Gold 2 machine. I will, for fun, go look and try out the machines at my dealer, and unless they get a used machine at a VERY GOOD price, I will have to pass. I also think I will purchase a 10 - 15 thread stand, that might help with getting things ready to go on some of my projects.
              $5000 to $8000 can buy a lot of embroidery thread, not to mention stabilizers.
              Thanks for your input.

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
              Type: Public
              Topics: 239
              Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X