Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt

I did my first attempt at embroidering today. My first design isn't very good. Some of my edges look jagged. I used a prewound bobbin. The white shows around the edges some. I did a different design it is perfect.

I have a topaz 30. The tension is set automatically to each design
    , from what I've been told.

So, is it operator failure or should I use the same color bobbin thread? Could it be a bad design? Or, does someone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Connie Jo - there could be several reasons you got a bit of the bobbin showing - that's one of the reasons, when trying a new design, that I will often wind a bobbin with the top thread. This isn't always a recommended solution though. Often it may simply be a poor design, or the typical reasons you have any difficulty with you stitching - needle, needle size, tension, etc.

Can you post a picture?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

How do I post a picture?

Comment

Ok, I'm sorry to say, I think it is there for all the world to see. Ignore that the outline isn't lined up. That's my mistake.

Comment

The design doesn't look like a good digitized design to me, so that might be a good part of your problem. What weight thread was the pre-wound bobbin? I use a thin bobbin thread.

Comment

Which stabilizer you used could also make a difference.

Nancy
            Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

If it's from Em.Library I think it's the design. I made a quilting quote from there. I did it four times with the same result.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Embroidery design. Will it do any good to call them

Comment

I agree, I think it was entirely the digitizing. And, no, it probably wouldn't do any good to call them. I have some companies that I got designs from early on and I've quit visiting them entirely. My rule of thumb? If they offer a whole lot of freebies and low prices then the designs probably won't stand the test.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I don't remember how much, but I bought this one.

Comment

Connie, I had a similar problem and it was the prewound bobbins I was using. I switched to NEB bobbins and the problem disappeared. I have a Viking Ruby so it may be something with the Husq-Viking machines. Try winding your own bobbin and see if that helps.
                      Cindy

Comment

Will do seaturtle

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 239
                        Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X