Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growth Chart - fun project

I make my grand kids growth charts. This is for my granddaughter. The designs are from Purely Gates. This was the first time I used mylar and really liked the way the designed turned out. The pictures aren't great, but I hope you get the idea. It is a fun project and I know that my DIL likes them hanging in kids rooms. They can keep the growth record without marking the door jam.

They are so cute! I love the bright colors of the frames too.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That is so cute!! How easy was the mylar to work with? I made some bookmarks for my granddaughters for Christmas that were supposed to use mylar but wasn't sure how it would do and also did not know where to buy it.

Comment

The Mylar as very easy to use. I found the Mylar at Hobby Lobby. Several on-line stores also sell it in various colors. Purely Gates recommends the opaque which gave a really good shimmer on the designs.

Comment

These are so adorable! I found Mylar at the Dollar Tree. I've only tried it once. I need to get some more designs that call for it. Thanks for sharing, and where you found the designs.
            sigpic

Comment

so adorable! What is Mylar?? Is the design stitched onto it?
              Cathryn

Comment

Mylar is a shiny film that you stitch on. Look at the elephant, you can see the rainbow shimmery mylar in it.

Balloons are made from it, potato chip bags, and other foods can be packaged in it.

Some mylar is translucent or can be opaque. It's really a neat effect in your embroidery.

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 239
                Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X