Machine Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply Source

Ran across this site today and am curious if any of our machine embroiders use them for supplies: American Embroidery Supply
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

I buy most of my supplies locally, but as I get into this more and more, it is becoming more expensive. I may have to start buying on-line so it will be interesting to hear of others that may have used this, and other sites, before.

Comment

I haven't seen it before. Is that good prices for the Water Solubles? I never shopped online for it before.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

9 yards of Sulky 12" wide at JoAnns is $21.99 (I find the 10 and 12 inch rolls are a bit small for my hoops though).

At American Embroidery Supply their water soluble is a minimum of 20 inches wide but 25 yards for $39.50

I guess it actually comes down to how often you use it and how much you will use when you do. Me, I'd definitely go for more bang for my bucks and order from AES.

Comment

AllStitch.net has 10 yards of Vilene 12" wide for $11.55 and 30"wide for $26.76.

I'll have to try AES next time, it seems a better buy to me too.

I just noticed AllStitch sells the Vilene in 2" rolls. What is that for??? You can't hoop 2"....

Comment

Carol - do you like the Vilene? How do you store it? I've had issues from light 'sticking' it together . . . (maybe just exposure to the environment itself).

Comment

I like it. I don't have a lot of it, but the roll stands on end in my dining room which is my sewing room. I like it better than the cellophane stuff. I bought that and used it for FSL and it was horrible. I think it is more for topping than FSL and that is what I use it for now. This Vilene is fabric like.

Comment

Machine Embroidery

About this Group

Just a group of machine embroiderer's sharing knowledge!
              Type: Public
              Topics: 239
              Comments: 1250

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X