My first LC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first LC.

Working on my first LC - - first ever quilt to actually snuggle up with; in process of sewing pieces together. Used the quilt as you go method. Still nervous about outcome but I am determined to complete this project. Loved reading your posts. You all are an inspiration in my quilting journey. Rennae

Great job!!!

Comment

Your are doing a great job. Like how you are putting solid blocks between the log cabin blocks. Going to be a beautiful quilt when you get er done!

Comment

That looks great, love the decorative stitches you used on your blocks.
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Okay, ladies....I was so careful squaring up - - I mean I just sweated bullets - - and now.....some of my - - well, yes some of my blocks do not line up with seams - - I'm not going to panic. I will baste the remaining rows - - lordy - - need to take a deep breath. Is it okay if it's not "quite right"? big sigh

Comment

I've never seen or made a perfect quilt. There has always been something in mine that were not "quite right". Most times those will only be known or noticed by you alone so don't point them out when presenting or showing your quilt to someone. And if they happen to be noticed & brought to your attention you can most likely pass it off as a design element. 😁 I love your quilt so far & can't wait to see the finished product. I've never made a quilt as you go quilt but want to someday.
              Texas

Comment

Hi all. Still waiting for my red plaid flannel to arrive from Missouri to line my first LC.
                I do have a question....I've already attached the batting, as this is a quilt as you go; however, I'm thinking of adding another layer between the flannel and top to make it more beefy, for lack of a better term. Has anyone ever doubled up on batting? Any recommends? thanks bunches and I'm having so darn much fun. rennae

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have doubled up on batting, for weight and loftiness.

You are doing great. I like a solid block in-between, it's a neat design decision.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

LOG CABIN LIBRARY

About this Group

This is the Group for LOG CABIN QUILT LOVERS!

The Log Cabin pattern is one of the most beloved and enduring patterns in quilting. LC quilts can be traditional, wonky, rustic or elegant. There are countless ways to set LC blocks together. You are only limited by your imagination.

This is the place to post pictures of your Log Cabin quilts/projects or just to dream of making one some day. Everyone is welcome!!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 12
                Comments: 41

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X