LOG CABIN LIBRARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELCOME TO THE LOG CABIN GROUP

I've always been fascinated by Log Cabin quilts. I never tire of them and they are one of the most simple and fun blocks to make.

I finished a large Log Cabin a couple years ago that took me years to complete working on it off and on. I'm planning a new Log Cabin right now and can't wait to get started.

If you have any questions or need help just ask.

Please feel free to post pictures of your completed, collected or in progress log cabins here. Welcome to the Group!!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Hi Barb
    I will try to find some pics of log cabin projects I've done. It is one of my favorite blocks to do. They are so versatile! Most of the cabin projects I've made I have given away, so no pics. Hmm, perhaps I will have to make another one or two!
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

So, This group popped up, and I feel I CAN join, because I started my FIRST EVER LC quilt on International Quilt Day! I've made a block or two before, for a project, but never done a whole quilt! Mine is a stash buster type thing, that I want to have to work on when I just have a few minutes to sit down and quilt. It it 1.25 inch strips and the blocks are working out to 6 inches....

I cant wait to see more inspiration quilts!
      ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

Cathy, your Log Cabin quilts are gorgeous.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Log Cabin quilts are probably my favorite. All the quilts pictured are just beautiful.

Comment

I have just placed an order for Marti Michels Log cabin ruler and book. It should arrive late next week.

I am so eager to try it out.
            I an hoping that the Log cabin ABC book will help me narrow down all my ideas to one Projecct!
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Can I join the group, for the inspiration..I've never done a LCD myself.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Of course you can! The more the better!

Welcome!
                sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I'm hoping this will be my next new project. But, I have a question for you LC veterans. Do you go by a ruler, template, measured pieces, or just cut logs as you go to whatever size your block comes out to be? I've seen it done all these ways. I'm pretty picky about things fitting well, so I'm guessing a ruler or pre-measured pieces would be best. I'm wanting to a curved log cabin pattern, or one called Tulip Tango. It's a neat pattern with little triangles in the corner of the block that ends up dancing through the quilt. It's so pretty.

Comment

My favorite way to create really accurate Log Cabin blocks is to paper piece them. If I don't paper piece them, I cut a bunch of light and dark strips the same width and center squares that should be the same size as the logs. In other words, if I'm cutting my strips 2 inches wide, I use a center square 2 inches square. Traditionally the center block represents the heart of the home or the fireplace. I press after I stitch each log and go from there, rotating the block so I end up with the same number of logs on all sides.

There are lots of directions online on paper piecing and also for making Log Cabin blocks.

My next LC is going to be one that uses wide and narrow strips (logs) to give it a rounded shape. I think it will be purples and creams. I think I have to make a few test blocks to see if I want the purple to be the wider or narrow logs.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Fairly new to quilting and haven't made a log cabin quilt yet but love the pattern.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to MQC. I would love to make a LC quilt also. Need to finish another quilt I started last month first though. I will be looking for a pattern that is pleasing to my eye and hope I find that inspiration here.

Comment

I am another new member to the forum. The thought of help from other quilters who also enjoy the log cabin puzzle is irresistible. Thanks for contributing all of your suggestions and examples.

Comment

LOG CABIN LIBRARY

About this Group

This is the Group for LOG CABIN QUILT LOVERS!

The Log Cabin pattern is one of the most beloved and enduring patterns in quilting. LC quilts can be traditional, wonky, rustic or elegant. There are countless ways to set LC blocks together. You are only limited by your imagination.

This is the place to post pictures of your Log Cabin quilts/projects or just to dream of making one some day. Everyone is welcome!!
                          Type: Public
                          Topics: 10
                          Comments: 22

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X