laugh at the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUNNIEST THING YOUR KIDS DID OR SAID

When my youngest daughter was 2 we had a wood burning stove that had brass trim. The rule was no standing on the hearth. But of course, she didn't listen one cold night when she got out of the bath. She teetered on the edge of the hearth and just as I was grabbing for her she hit her bare butt on the brass strips. She was left with a double bar brand across both cheeks. Slapped some medicine on it and sent her to bed. When I went to pick the kids up from the daycare the next afternoon, I was met by a very puzzled looking administrator who asked me what happened. I told her and she got to laughing so hard she just about couldn't stand up. Seems the older sister (5) had told her, upon being asked, that I had "branded the baby so if she ever got lost we would know she was ours!" Out of the mouth of a farm kid.
    Luckily this was 30 years ago and the daycare knew the whole family so they understood what had happened was an accident. We still tease the youngest about her brand even though it totally healed and left no scar.
    Gotta love the kids!
    sigpic

Cute and good memory. If that had happened today, you may have had a visit from a social/child protection worker.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I buy my salt, spices and sugar. In bulk. I also usually write on the tag what is is so the kids could put in the proper containers. My son filled up the sugar and salt Tupperwares. Iwe took sugar in our coffee then. One morning, the coffee tasted off. So we assumed we didn't use the correct portions of coffee. Next day same thing. This would go on for awhile. We got rid of coffee grounds. Then friends came over for coffee, they drank it black and was fine. We then dipped a finger in the sugar bowl. It was salty. This was a lesson for my son to remember to read, rather than assume what is in the bags. We laughed for a long time, but it nearly got me off coffee. I don't use white sugar in my coffee now, I use the Demerra brown sugar, so there's no chance of this happening. Besides, son is now ino longer at home.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

When my oldest boy was 3 & the next youngest was 2 they were playing outside in our yard. I thought it was perfectly safe, fully fenced & only grass, no bushes or tress, no thorns, etc. they were playing with their cars &trucks so I went inside to get a snack. My oldest came running to the door a minute later asking if his brother could eat ants. I said "NO"... he leaned out the door & yelled "Spit them out Robert".
        That story is still a family joke
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

laugh at the world

About this Group

slough off the trials of the world the best you can with a bit of humor
        Type: Public
        Topics: 4
        Comments: 11

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X