La Passacaglia Millefiori Quilt Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best tip I have found

I'm not sure where I read this tip but it makes joining the medallions in La Pas much easier.

When you are completing a medallion with the little five pointed stars ring as the last part, don't attach the outside point of your stars. When it's time to join the medallions the star point is attached at the correct place to the adjacent medallion before you get to the joining the two together.

This has two advantages.

1. You will be joining the two medallions with a gently curving seam instead of zigging in and out. I find this much easier than wangling two large medallions.

2. It's easier to match the correct place for joining the medallions by having the last point of the star to match up.

I have a little zip-lock bag with a collection of star points waiting for their time in the sun - bless them.

This is great info! Thank you!
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

La Passacaglia Millefiori Quilt Group

About this Group

English Paper Piecing using the Millefiori Quilt Mania Series books or any English Paper Piecing that is by hand
    Type: Public
    Topics: 5
    Comments: 14

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
      Willcox and Gibbs
      by chelea
      Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
      November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
    • KPH
      My Secret Santa box has arrived.
      by KPH
      Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
      November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
    • KPH
      Secret Santa Arrivals
      by KPH
      Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
      November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
    • Monique
      It has arrived
      by Monique
      My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
      November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
    • KPH
      New Leader needed for 2021
      by KPH
      We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
      November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
    Working...
    X