Hexagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSQC 2 1/2" template QAYG

Although I have made some 1" Hexies, I have no desire at this time to make a big quilt. Maybe when I'm older. Haha.

For now I am excited to try the new MSQC 2 1/2" hexagon template, quilt as you go. It uses 5" squares, scraps of batting and backing. Going to start blocks in the new year.

Anyone else buy this template, and plan to use it?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

I have purchased and have decided to hand quilt each one. It is a relaxing thing to do while watching tv. . After watching the video many times, I have reservations about using a single thread and the simple knot. I want to hand stitch the whole thing, but am putting off joining when I understand it more.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Deegles, I am also planning on handsewing the backing over the front by hand. I will just make bunches of them until I decide on a layout. I think with mom's health issues and DH's upcoming eye surgeries, I will have a lot of time sitting and waiting.

Comment

I have cut batting, a charm pack and yardage to get started on these. I have 3 handsewed so far. I estimate about 10-15 minutes each, so I will plan on that when I bring to DH appts where I have to wait.

Comment

I just purchased the set from M*. I was looking at the picture posted by and loved the hand quilted look she did. I'm thinking of trying it that way. I thought the hexis looked a little "plain" on the back otherwise.

Jeanne

Comment

I was inspired to make a Christmas tree skirt. I first thought of stained glass windows when I saw this template thus the black backing. I would post a photo but I can’t see how to do that!

Comment

I've been making progress. I have about 50 made so far.

Comment

So far I made one, haha

Comment

Suzanne I see that a thread has started in the hexis group and the threads have appeared but the photos cannot be seen yet we may have to put some photos and the others may appear, I will try Click image for larger version

Name:	JARDIN ABUELA.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	1902122Click image for larger version

Name:	JARDIN AB UELA - TRASERA.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	348.6 KB
ID:	1902123

Comment

Hexagons

About this Group

For those of us who have been bitten by the hexagon bug!
                  No deadlines, no rules, just hexagon encouragement! And maybe a scrap swap or two.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 94
                  Comments: 448

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X