No announcement yet.

Hexagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite EPP thread??? And why???

I'm new to EPP....and I wanted to know what kind of thread everyone uses.....and why??? I'm currently using Gutterman white hand quilting thread...is that ok?? Also what size needle do you use? ?

Thanks for your time. ...

Pixie
    Priscilla Lujan
    Los Angeles, CA:icon_cool:

Hi! I LOVE EPP! I use tiny thread - Masterpiece #50/2-ply from Superior Threads. Hand quilting thread is just too thick for me. I also use a teeny needle to go with - Clover applique sharps #9. These are what I use for applique, and when I took up EPP I just used those too, and they've worked out great. The small thread makes a nearly invisible seam. and the small needles go through really easily. They're almost impossible to thread by hand (for me, anyway) so I use a clover or bohin desktop needle threader.

Happy to hear from someone who loves EPP, too! Post some pics - I'd love to see what you're making! And - everything is "OK"! Just do what works for you!

-- Pam
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

Hexagons

About this Group

For those of us who have been bitten by the hexagon bug!
    No deadlines, no rules, just hexagon encouragement! And maybe a scrap swap or two.
    Type: Public
    Topics: 94
    Comments: 448

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X