Hexagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone still working on hexies?

I have been bitten by the hexie bug after seeing the quilt on the cover of Handfuls of Scraps. Here's a link to the pic of the book, can't seem to get one in this message:

Handfuls of Scraps |

so far I've gotten all the 7/8 inch hexies cut for the six diamonds in the center and have two of them sewn together. Ive obsessed over the fabrics used for the broderie perse applique on the borders, it's from Laundry Basket of course but it's all been discontinued. I was determined to get that exact fabric, I'm weird that way, and I did manage to find what I wanted, with help from the forum!

I've also gone nuts buying jelly rolls for the hexies. Jelly rolls are not my favorite precut, but they're a perfect size for these hexies and it's easy to get a lot of different fabrics for the scrappy look (I love scrappy!)

I'm off to read all the posts already here in the group, I'm sure they'll be helpful. Just wanted to know if anyone is having as much fun as I am working on hexies or other EPP projects!
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Yes, I am but I usually only work on them when in the car or away from home. Still working on my 6 pointed stars quilt but have made a few smaller hexi projects along the way.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I just recently discovered epp and love it. I've even enabled a coworker and she's now hooked. I'm working on the blocks in katja Marek's book that contains 52 hexagons made up of different shapes. Also planning fabric to begin working on 1/2 inch hexes for a quilt called Starlette by Cheryl l. See.

Comment

My dentist's assistant is doing it now, and she's not even a quilter (yet!) I've learned to be prepared when I take my kit anywhere because everyone is going to ask about it!

The Katje Marek quilt is so pretty! And right up my alley, too, with all the different blocks! I might have to get that book for my bucket list! The other one is cool, too! I sure would love to see your work!

I just learned how to baste them without punching through the paper. It's going to be SOOOOOO much easier to remove the papers after. You don't really have to remove the basting stitches afterwords.

I'm having so much fun!
        Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

I keep working on my Hexis, but have as yet to decide on what to do with them. I started out with a 'theme' color, but then got into my scraps, and there is no color theme, other than a yellow of some kind in the center. I'm trying to decide if I need to create a border to unify my hexi flowers. And to let the eye rest a bit. I'll continue making them in scrappy colors until I figure out what in the world I'm doing with them.

Comment

I also keep slowly working at them, now and then. I have sewn together all the lozenge shaped units I need, I am now adding sashing hexies to two of the sides of each unit.

Comment

I only work on mine when I'm in the car or sitting in an airport waiting to pick someone up. Usually when I have down time and my sewing machine is not able to come with me. It keeps my hands busy and I'm able to use up a lot of scraps.

Started out with light and dark rows but now it is just going to be scrappy.

Comment

Hexagons

About this Group

For those of us who have been bitten by the hexagon bug!
              No deadlines, no rules, just hexagon encouragement! And maybe a scrap swap or two.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 94
              Comments: 448

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X