Hexagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ruler?

I love hexagons. Which hexagon ruler is the best. Granted, my goal is to either get an Accuquilt or a Sizzix dye cut (probably after finishing my current quilt, "Under the Stars? and cutting 156 3 inch squares)...until then, which hexagon ruler do you guys use?

If you decide to splurge, the Accuquilt 1" and 1/2" English Paper Piecing Hexagon dies are great. One end cuts the fabric and the other end cuts the papers. I had a bunch to cut so I splurged on both sizes and love them.

I also have the Fast2Cut Templates, Hex Essentials which has a 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 1" plastic templates so I can fussy cut fabric. I kept watching this on Amazon and got it when there was a brief price drop.

If you are doing larger hexagons and not just paper piecing, Fons and Porter has a nice Hexagon ruler. I got the June Tailor Hexagon ruler, You Hexie Thing, for larger hexagons I was using for a Modern Quilt. Now I see that JoAnn's has this in the quilting section so if you decide you like it, wait for a 50% off sale.

Last suggestion, check to see how the hexagons are measured for the rulers. Some measure the length of the side of the hexagon and some measure the height of the inside of the hexagon from one side to the opposite side. For this reason not all 1" hexagons are the same size. I found this out the hard way when I used two different rulers to cut hexagons for a quilt.

Comment

Hexagons

About this Group

For those of us who have been bitten by the hexagon bug!
    No deadlines, no rules, just hexagon encouragement! And maybe a scrap swap or two.
    Type: Public
    Topics: 94
    Comments: 448

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X