Hexagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you doing with your Hexies?

It has been quite here so how is everyone doing with their hexies. I have divided my top into two halves the first half is 11 and 12 flowers across and now 8 rows long. Just started on the second half and have the first two rows sewn together. I have almost all my flowers done I think I may be short about 12 those should be quick to do. Still basting my blue connecting hexies I have a goal of doing 15 hexies on my lunch break at work. At that rate I should have them all done in about three weeks. I feel that I have done quite well considering I have not done much with them the last five months. It does feel good to be working with them once again. The last time I worked on them was when Wayne was in the hospital at that time I named my little wicker box that I carried them in my Sanity Box.

So how are you doing with your hexies?

It is going slow but steady

I have 3 completed rows sewn togheter and am working on row 4

Wwena is almost completly done with her quilt and it is stunning!!
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Update on my Grandmothers flower garden. Row 1-8 all sewed together, row 9-14 are all sewed together, working on row 15 and 16. All done with row 15 hope to have row 16 done this weekend. Then to sew those two together then attach them to rows 9-14, and then 1-8 with 9-16. So nice to see light at the end of the tunnel. But then it will be time to start hand quilting and I have never done that before. So this whole quilt has been a learning process. Will post a picture once I get everything together.

Comment

Since I'm new to EPP I'm going to make a Christmas quilt with jelly roll and then appliqué my hexi flowers on it. Is that what to do?

Comment

Hexagons

About this Group

For those of us who have been bitten by the hexagon bug!
        No deadlines, no rules, just hexagon encouragement! And maybe a scrap swap or two.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 94
        Comments: 448

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X