Grand Illusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reveal Posted Early!

Just checked the Quiltville site and saw the surprise. Can't wait to get into the sewing room tomorrow morning. I can see this quilt in other color ways. Hmmm, may have to do another one.

I checked to and was nicely surprised! Still on clue 1 and 2. Holidays got me.... Ya so happy!

Comment

OMGeeeeeeeeee

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Grand Illusion, The Finale!!
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

She did the same last year, an early surprising New Year release. I had all de units done from previous clues, I just need to cut the aqua cornerstones and the inner border. I don't think I have yellow yardage enough, though, as I worked mainly from FQs. I might use white instead.

Comment

BOOOOO I can't see the final steps! we have an internet issue at home due to a downed tree and the page isn't loading from work. . . .I want to cry!
          ~Kim
          @>--`--,-- @>--`--,-- @>--`--,-- @>--`--,--

Remember to ALWAYS smile, it will do one of 3 things
          1. Bring a smile to someone else's face
          2. Make them wonder what you are up to :icon_razz:
          or ....
          3. Scare them :icon_woot:

Comment

I have my instructions printed and I'm headed home to tackle more of the project! Have a great weekend!
            ~Kim

or ....

Comment

I have still not worked on this for weeks, but now that the pattern has been revealed I know I am not making it like hers!

I just do not like the green/neutral checkerboards. They fight with the lovely star blocks, which I LOVE!

I NEED order. A definite pattern. This is just too much chaos for me. My eyes are constantly seeking some kind of pattern to identify, and it's just too subtle in this quilt.

So....the only definites I have so far is I am making the star blocks, but no 4 patch center. I am going to put a rose in each center.

I have no idea about the sashings yet.
              Cathryn

Comment

I've decided (I'm still on clue 2 btw LOL) that while this is absolutely lovely and I'm enjoying working on it. . .. I can't imagine it fitting anywhere in my house. That being said. . . an idea has crept into my head that this is all kinds of "piecing" and the slogan for Autism Awareness is "Until all the pieces fit" with nice bold colors. What better way to help my local group than to donate this to them as a raffle item! I've already spoken to a long arm quilter that is in the area to quilt it for me and because I'm donating the quilt she's going to donate her time since I'm providing all the supplies.

I'm extra excited now and have renewed enthusiasm for completing this! I'll post more pictures as I get more completed. I'm avoiding the temptation to finish just enough to complete 1 block at a time so I'm plowing through the other steps to get to the completed piece!!!!!
                ~Kim

or ....

Comment

What a wonderful thing to do K2Harman!!

Autism Awareness was my daughter's sorority philanthropy.
                  I am still on clue 2 also. And still trying to decide how to continue.
                  Cathryn

Comment

OhMyGosh! Everyones photo's are stunning!!!! I do like how the Star blocks can take the stage in this one using different colors and looking at all the Link ups (hey Cat) can give ideas for using other colors to help them shine :-) Still sick and injured, but have about 1/2 of my sewing/fabric hoard unpacked from the previous interior painting... Saved all the clues, cuz I like piecing a bazillion times :-) Way to go everyone!!

What a great idea K2 ((hugs)) that is a gift filled with love

Debbie
                    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

I have 2 younger children both in Spectrum. . . I don't think I could be any more aware of Autism in my house They do open your eyes to the world if you can understand them that's for sure! I love them dearly and wouldn't change them.

Their innocence is awe inspiring . . .for example: My oldest just turned 8 on 12/29 . . asked why I was cutting so many tiny pieces and what was I going to do with them, so I told him. He listened in his way (never looking at you but you can tell by his mannerisms when he's paying attention and when he's not) then gave me the biggest hug. After he let go I thanked him and asked what the hug was for, he said " because you already made me warm hugs for my bed and now you are sharing your warm hugs to other people that need them so they can feel special too". I live in a constant state of amazement, awe and near tears from his statements.

Another parting one for you, he was asking for a laptop for Christmas (yup I groaned too) I pointed out that it is an expensive item and that Santa would have to take things away from other children if he spent that much on just one child. (Yes at 8 we still believe in Santa). I had already picked up a wilderness pack for him with binoculars, trail markers, compass, and flashlight for "Santa" to give to him and a Fisher Price version of the same kit for his 4 year old brother. Knowing he's asked every Santa for a laptop I was concerned how this was going to go over.

Christmas morning comes. . . he picks out the 2 presents with different wrappings that Santa leaves for them and waits for his brother. He opens his and sits quietly and from his shoulders I can tell he's crying quietly. I got down on the floor with him, and asked him what was wrong (I honestly wasn't sure how I was going to handle the disappointment in not getting his laptop, I was hoping I could wing it nicely enough) He looks up at me with his big brown eyes and says "Santa got me a hiking pack, it's SOOO much better than a laptop because it means that Santa REALLY knows me and wants me to be safe and he cares about me THAT much!!!"

I'd like to think I have a hand in his outlook on life but WOW he's a great kid and it's all him! He teaches me more and more every day.
                      ~Kim

or ....

Comment

K2Harman

"because you already made me warm hugs for my bed and now you are sharing your warm hugs to other people that need them so they can feel special too"

what a wonderful child! That brought tears to my eyes too.

What a sweet sweet boy!
                        Cathryn

Comment

Makes me want to leave work and get back to sewing! Drat this place for holding my check hostage if I don't show up! :P
                          ~Kim

or ....

Comment

K2Harmen,
                            You are truly blessed to have a son who explains things in his own way and is wiser than most people. God picked you to be the mom of these wonderful children. Blessed!

Comment

it's Done! I dropped it with the lady that has offered to use her long arm on it for me ... that offset corner block tried to thwart me but I win! I can't wait for them to see it!

~Kim

or ....

Comment

Grand Illusion

About this Group

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt
                              Begins Friday, Nov 28 6-8 weeks
                              New Clue every Friday
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 13
                              Comments: 131

Owner