No announcement yet.

Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Which means November starts TOMORROW!

I didn't realize that we are on the cusp of November until just now. It's time for me to post our November number!

BTW this was the first year in two decades that I didn't make a Halloween costume for anyone. I think that proves that I, and my family, are all getting older. It's kind of a sad chapter to close.

On a happier note, I finally finished the quilt top for our bed. The magazine article from which I got the pattern was dated 2011; that was FIVE YEARS AGO! But it explains why I need this UFO group!

Are you ready to take on another project? I hope so! Our November number is ...

............................................. 2 ................................................

What's your number 2? Let's go sew!

************************************************** ****************************
    For those who keep track, our prior numbers have been: JAN=12, FEB=7, MAR=4, APR=6, MAY=11, JUN=3, JULY=5, AUG=9, SEP=10, OCT=8
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Oh well. Numbers 1 & 2 have already been struck off the list! :-)

I have completed 7 of the projects and hope to get further down the list on 3 more before the end of the year. I want to FMQ one and have 2 more ready to FMQ in the new year.

Hope we do this again. I am already forming my list!

Comment

My number two is a small quilt lap I hope it is easy to finish, this year my list has changed a bit but I managed to finish a lot of things so I feel very well, that is not finished stay for next year and I hope to continue the group to encouraging one another

Comment

Well, my list is gonna be pretty much the same next year!! Unless I start magically finishing things quickly here near the end of the year. It's been fun having the numbers to work on projects, but these last couple of months I haven't really been doing those projects as I've been super busy with work. Looking forward to next year!
        "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

I will have finished 11 of my projects. I couldn't complete the Charlie Brown wall hanging because I just can't figure out how it should go together so it goes on next year's list.
          The memory tee shirt quilt was much more time consuming than it should have been since I couldn't get the person who demanded (not asked) that I make the quilt was never available to help with the making decisions on the process. I have never been good about telling someone no but this quilt has given me a steel resolve that I will be able to pull out if this ever comes up again!
          This club was fun, helpful and very satisfying for me so I can't wait for next year to start!
          Happy Holidays!
          :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 90
          Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X