No announcement yet.

Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's almost AUGUST! It's Hot! And our number is ...

It's the end of a heat wave here in Northern California. We've had eight days in a row over 102 degrees, most of them over 105. I just huddle inside and try not to open any doors unless I absolutely have to. As an empty nester, that's actually a viable strategy!

I'm about to pack up our RV for its first big trip. And I'm heading to MISSOURI STAR for the Fall Forum Retreat. OK, that's in September; first I'll be visiting all my midwestern daughters. I do miss them so much.

Wish me luck on this, my first big solo trip!

Our August number is ...

............................................. 9 ................................................

What's your number 9? Let's go sew!

************************************************** ****************************
    For those who keep track, our prior numbers have been:
    For those who like to keep track: JAN=12, FEB=7, MAR=4, APR=6, MAY=11, JUN=3, JULY=5
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

We had #6 in April? Numbers 1, 2, 8, 9 and 10 are what I have left on my chart.
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Hi Carol! You are jack-rabbit quick!! I noticed the same problem within 10 minutes and changed our August number to 9. That's what I'd actually pulled out of the jar, but looked at upside down!!!

It warms my heart to know you were watching the group so closely that you caught my oops!

Comment

I don't have a 9 on my list as its still incomplete. But after I finish the last quilt for Marilyn's group I will be making a new purse. So behind this year.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I changed my #9 since mom and I are both making versions of that quilt and she hasn't had time to work on hers for a while. Don't know when we'll work on those again. I replaced it with my niece's quilt I never finished from last Christmas. It's about 1/3 the way done with the quilting.
          "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

I finished #3 (June) in July and I'm currently working on #11 (may). Maybe I can get to #5 this month. Or maybe not, we'll see, lol! I may skip #5 and head to #9 as that will be quicker.
            Cindy

Comment

My #9 is to quilt 2 sets of bed runners/wall hangings/throw pillows. All are pieced and layered except one wall hanging/throw pillow set which I have no pattern or fabric for, so I'll just get ahead with what's ready to quilt. And it sounds like lots of fun looking for fabric and pattern except that I have an idea in my head and can't find the pattern. Argh! Google has failed me!

Comment

I have been struggling with mild depression and working through my list has kept me going this year. It really helps to see the pictures you all post. My #9 is to finish my sister's memory quilt. This quilt has really nagged at me so it will be a relief to "git er done".
                :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Found a pattern for the wall hanging.
                  Pulled the thread out of the box for FMQ the next bed runner. Not much progress.
                  Has a week already passed? I think I got distracted playing with fabric!

Comment

Ok. I've settled my being behind problem. I just deleted everything off my list except the UFOs....with the exception of a set of placemats. That shouldn't be too tough...it's only 3 quilts and 2 skirts. So, now that the jam packed summer is over....conventions, my husband being away for a week for training, 3 months of emergency medical responder classes (finals are Monday)... I can't hardly wait for our two week vacation the last two weeks of August. First stop...the hubby wants to take me to Hamilton, Mo!! I can't wait! Will be hard not to buy out the stores, but I've been reworking my stash, and really don't need anything. Trying to get that finished to see if I can plan my next quilt. It will be a Bonnie Hunter scrap quilt. Maybe I can pick up some stuff for that. Hoping to come across a Singer 404 somewhere on the road.

Comment

Oh my, week 2 is almost over and...Nuthin! Going to the doc today so maybe I will feel better enough to get busy next week. I, too have deleted, but I still have a lot of work to get done. Onward!

Comment

Feel better Anita. I'll pray for you. Between the Doctor and our Heavenly Father you will be felling better soon!
                        God Bless you,
                        Beck

Comment

Thanks, Beck, I'm trusting Him and modern medicine . I'm on an antibiotic and hope it takes effect pretty soon. Hate to take them!

In the mean time I'm getting caught up on paperwork. So I should be ready to sew soon, I hope. Have a great day.

Comment

I'm leaving on Wednesday to go visit three of my daughters. I HAVE TO (I just have to!) finish my DGD's quilt before I leave. In fact, that's why I'm not leaving, oh, say, today! The good news is, I made great progress yesterday. That consisted of cleaning the paperwork off my cutting table and the actually cutting the borders for the quilt. I'm going to go sew them on right now!

Comment

I have been MIA for several weeks, my excuse is I moved. My August project should have been a couple X-mas themed cushion covers, start to finish. But a) I still have many UFOs first (only 2 finishes so far this year, shame on me!) and b) my Xmas fabric is still unpacked. I have sewed 2 armchair covers instead, I hope it counts. It's all I've been able to sew this summer (apart from mending/hemming, and this DOESN'T count as fun sewing at all).
                              The nice patchwork shop that sells soft cotton batting is now closed for vacations. I have so many tops waiting to be quilted that I am considering buying some poly batting at the closest outlet and tackle a couple of FMQing projects.

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 90
                              Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X