• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GuitarGramma
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2012

Half Way Through the Year, And ... ?

Well, we're almost halfway through the year, so it's time to take a check point. How are you all doing on your lists?

It's also a good time to re-write your lists if necessary. Here are the numbers yet to be pulled (in other words, only change these numbers in your list because we won't see the others for the rest of the year).

............................. 1 ... 2 ... 5 ... 8 ... 9 ... 10 .......................................

Let's share our successes and, well, our still UFOs. There are no failures in this Group, just UFOs that are still UnFinished!
    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?
  • tfrankum
    The Guild President
    • Apr 2010

Well, I'm thinking my list for next year will be the same one I'm using this year... Haven't spent any time in my sewing room except to do mending and ironing. Finally figured out how to quilt my sons oriental quilts, got in the mood to work on them, got the machine set up with monofilament thread, and that was as far as it went. The thread kept breaking and I never could get it to work. If anyone has used it, please give any hints you have. Some people say don't use it in the bobbin, and others say it's ok. I have it in the bobbin and the top. The quilt is a panel quilt and I don't really want the quilting to show. I'm just doing a geometric pattern, but it will be going through all the panels, so I don't want to use colored thread. I think I'll post this on the questions page too. Hope everyone else is moving along on their projects.

Comment

• AnitaGirl
      Fabric Fanatic
      • Jan 2015

Hey tfrankum. Every machine is different but I have had success using it in the top and a bobbin weight thread (like Bottom Line or Aurifill) that matches the back in the bobbin. I have had to use a metallic needle and fuss with the tension.
      I really prefer to use Aurifill that matches the background or that blends with the whole quilt on the top when I don't want the quilting to show. I seem to get better results. Hope this helps.

Comment

• AnitaGirl
        Fabric Fanatic
        • Jan 2015

Well! Half way. I am still traveling and so can't get my pictures taken but I have finished through the quilting and binding 4 of the quilts. All four were from numbers that had 2 quilts on them, so I haven't done as well as I would hope. I also have 3 done to the "ready to quilt" stage, one down to the basting. My Sprigs and Twigs quilt is getting there, I have 1/2 way done the machine applique which is the last step before quilting. So while I am traveling I am working on my number 8 which will take more than a month to do since it involves my 2 tubs full of pesky little projects. It is going well since I have been a little too under the weather to join my husband going out to the villages and am staying by myself in the guest house. I am hindered by the fact that I forgot my sewing machine. Argh. Oh well, it is forcing me to do all of my hand work which I tend to procrastinate on.

All in all I am doing way more than I would if I didn't have a list and some accountability partners! A big THANK YOU to GuitarGramma for hosting and all of you for sharing how you are doing and the great pictures.

Comment

• Sylvia H
          Missouri Star
          • May 2014

My progress has not been as good as I had planned. So, I am with GuitarGramma in that I still have UFOs. I expect to get January's finished next week - just have to square it up and add binding. But the rest will still be on the back burner, as I must get my Christmas gifts done. I don't want to put them off any longer, for fear that they won't get done if I do that. I have been working slower, and less hours this year with quilting. However, I still want my quilting time to be enjoyable - so - trying to avoid putting any pressure on myself.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

• beccavan1
            9 Patch Princess
            • May 2014

UFOs, UFOs, UFOs! I'm surrounded by them. This year's list Will be next year's list.
            Beck

Comment

• Josephine09
              Binding Belle
              • Mar 2015

I'm with everyone else. This year's list will likely be next year's list. However, I will say I have made substantial progress on each of the numbers chosen so far.
              "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2012

This year, I actually got things done, they just weren't always my list items. For example, I participted in creating a charity quilt which will be raffled off to help support a group of cloistered nuns. I also sewed and ironed over 100 charm pack squares onto freezer paper so my daughter could have a signature quilt instead of a guest book. Did I mention my DD#4 got married? Oh, yes, I may have mentioned that once or twice.

At any rate, my list sits undone even though I'm feeling quite productive.

Toni
                P.S. Thank you, Anita Girl. Safe travels to you!
                Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• MomGram
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2013

I've only knocked two off my list (both this month). I did get a lot of longarming done, over twenty quilts (my sisters, my DIL, and mine). Thrilled about this but, there are still a lot of tops left to be quilted. The paper piecing class I signed up for is not going well. That quilt is going in a bin for awhile ( I need a break from it).

My son and his family have just moved back in. I had to clean out a couple closets for them so will need to spend the next week organizing my fabrics (since I'd hidden some away in those closets). I am so excited to have my grand babies here, that I don't mind the mess.
                  sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 90
                  Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X