Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAY's Number Is ...

Here we are at the end of April already! The tax season was not a happy one for us. Grrr. But it's over and done with, and I anticipate having more time for my favorite activity in the world: SEWING. In fact, with my youngest daughter getting married in June, I have quite a bit of "have to" sewing to be done!

SEW before I forget to post, let me announce that MAY's number is:

.............................. 11 ....................................

Let us all know how you did in April!

For those who like to keep track: JAN=12, FEB=7, MAR=4, APR=6
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

I "almost" finished January's UFO in April! I am doing my best to get back on track with the UFOs and with other planned projects. I had to change my daily schedule in February, and that made it difficult to get back into a quilting routine. Ever hopeful, I just might be able to get back to several hours in the sewing room each day.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Due to health and family, I am so far behind. Never fear, Iwill start January's project in May and catch up. I have fabric and ideas for every month so far.
      Beck

Comment

So far, I have managed to complete my quilts every month, BUT I have completely shelved any hope for getting the Jinny Beyer BOM done, and I am over a month behind on the 365 challenge. Number 11 for me is a true UFO, so I'm hoping to get it done and use the rest of whatever sewing time I have for 365 blocks. Forward, ever forward!
        Cindy

Comment

I'm way behind too because of.... well, life in general. But January is done, February more than 1/2 done, March is on its way and today I'll get April in the line up for machine quilting. So I'm hopeful that I'll get caught up.
          May's number is Sue's quilt, which is great. She picked the colors and general theme and we're bartering the quilt for a portrait of my husband's best dog-friend, Rex. She's a great pet portrait artist. It's been a UFO for several years and was one I didn't finish from last year's list. I am close to getting it pieced, will prepare the applique in the evenings and hope to press on with my backlog of FMQ the rest of the month. My Bugaboo!
          Thanks, Seaturtle, for the encouraging "Forward, ever forward!"

Comment

I'm drooling over the latest finished projects! They are beautiful! Keep at it girls...I'll catch up one day!

Comment

I haven't been able to sew for a month!
              #11 on my list is a Sticks and Stones quilt I started in February and assembled in March this year, so it really isn't an old UFO. But I fear it will remain as a top until things slow down by mid-June. As I inspect my list, I notice I only have a finish so far, but I have advanced quite a lot in several projects. I am still confident I will have shortened my list by the end of the year, which is what we are aiming for, isn't it?

Comment

Yes, lourixe, that is EXACTLY what we are aiming for. If each of us only finishes a single quilt, it will still be a good year!
                Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

As long as I don't ADD to my list and get at least one finished I will be better off at the end of the year! The first part has been my down-fall, as well as my few back-log areas. I am determined!

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 90
                  Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X