Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 15 - APR 10 -16

Looks like we missed posting our goals for Week 14. Not to worry, it's a busy time of year!

My goal this week has nothing to do with sewing. My goal is to get my taxes done by April 15. I know that tech-ni-cal-ly we have until April 18 to get things filed (and, in my case, paid ), but I have family coming in from two different states on the 16th. That makes the traditional April 15 my really, truly deadline.

Have any of the rest of you had time to sew? Or are you, too, glued to TurboTax/H&R ?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

This week I have just one goal, to get as much done on the pieced border for Izzy's quilt. It would be wonderful if I could get the border done this week, and sandwich, baste and quilt next week. My daughter will be visiting in two weeks, and she could take the quilt back with her.

This year, for the first time in I can't remember when, I was able to get my taxes done a month early. I hope this bodes for a new habit for me.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

My goal for this week is to get caught up on the 365 Challenge blocks. Also I want to get another quilt on the frame & begin the quilting.
      Ive almost finished the lap quilt I'm making for our Catholic Daughters Spring Tea Raffle, just need to put the binding on it. We are raffleing off several gift baskets & my quilt. Each person gets to choose which prize they want by putting their ticket stub in a bag in front of the prize. Not sure what you call that kind of raffle but it will be interesting to me to see if my quilt is popular. I've never made a quilt for this kind of thing before.
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I have been busy with sewing - 5 projects in some stage of not-quite-done-yet. My goal for this week is to work on the 365 blocks. I'm a month behind!!
        Cindy

Comment

I also did taxes this week! Yay!, It's finished.

Have been working on my Craftsy BOM. The blocks are trimmed and sashing is cut and all sitting beside my machine. I finished 1/2 of the machine applique on my #7. Finished ditching the #4 and now just need to FMQ the 8 background blocks. I didn't get around to piecing a BOM/Shop Hop block this week, but I have 2 ready to go by my machine. What I really worked on was catching up on my Secret Santa gifts. Finished one and got a good start on the other 3. Whew! That one has been hanging over my head since January! Leaving for a quick trip this weekend so no more done now.

Ready for next week!

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 90
          Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X