Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARCH's Number is ...

Are your quilts coming along well? Ever since I moved my sewing machine out of my office, I'm finding more time to sew. It has made sewing an escape; when my machine was in my office I just felt guilty for not working any time I was sewing. This has made such a difference for me!

Here is March's number:

......................... 4 ................................

I can't wait to see what my next project is!

For those who like to keep track: JAN=12, FEB=7
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

#4 is a summer table runner. I have the pieces in a bag from years ago so I'm hoping I still like the fabric! Hopefully this will also give me a chance to work on the February project that's almost done.
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

#4 is the Old Sawmill Quilt. It's not a UFO, but a want-to-make. I'll be starting from scratch on it. I also need to finish JB blocks 2 & 3.
      Cindy

Comment

My number 4 is a toaster cover and a jelly roll quilt. I can't remember which jelly roll quilt, or if this is actually a duplicate of a quilt I have already listed. I'll have to go through my UFO container to figure this out. I finished several UFO in January, but they were not on my list. So far, I haven't finished any on the list. I had better up my time in the quilting room in March.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

It seems that the numbers are prepared to help me finish my other work, because in March have to make a fairly easy cushion, although it takes a couple of years in the closet, so I´m happy with my#4

Comment

I like it! #4 is for me monochromatic logcabin blocks, all from my stash. I don't aim to finish the quilt this month, but at least I'd like to add some more blocks. This is a project I intend to keep long-term, adding craps as they get by-produced while working for other projects, so that to have a maxi variety.
            Hopefully it will let me time to finish February's project as well. And I'm caught up with the 365 Challenge!

Comment

Okay, #4 is Constellation, a mini-project from a class I took last August. I might actually have a chance of finishing this one this month. Yay!
              "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

First switcheroo of the year! I HAVE to get two projects quilted (#5), a bed runner and a lap quilt for wedding gifts and that will give me time to do something on February's number. We said goodbye to kids and grandchildren :-( and moved back to Mexico, so I got almost nothing done on it. Also figure out some new computer programs so I can post things, catch up on Secret Santa, and sew up one shop hop/BOM block per week. We'll see how it goes!

Comment

#4 is a quilt using the small orange peel template. Great!

Comment

#4 is working on my Tumbler, Leader/Ender quilt. I cut a bunch of tumblers while working on organizing my scraps so I just need to get them right next to my sewing machine so I can get some rows done.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

My two-year old granddaughter was here when I pulled the number, and my #4 is her quilt-to-be. I said, "I just found out I'm supposed to start working on your quilt!" And that darling little two-year old smiled the most angelic smile and said, "You're going to make me a quilt?"

Melt, melt, melt! I'm a puddle on the ground!
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

GuitarGramma your story melts my heart. Grandkids are the best

Comment

Grandkids are a wonderful, new experience for me! Mine are 10 months and 5 months old and don't talk yet but your story made me melt, too! Oh, how I miss them and their sweet smiles. You are a lucky woman, quilts and grandbabies in the same room!

Comment

Well, I've made progress. #12 accomplished...made it into my sewing room for the third time this year!!!
                            Spent yesterday doing more mending on my husbands work clothes...I swear, he's worse than our boys ever thought of being when it comes to wearing the knees out of his pants!!! I also got elastic sewn back into the mattress pad for our bed. That's been on the list for over a year. It was so nice to make the bed last night and not have to fight with the stretched out cover. Everything tucked in nice and neat....
                            But, the tendinitis in my hand is screaming at me today. Pulling on that elastic was so painful! But it feels good to have it done.
                            I've also made quilting progress...not sewing... But I did finally figure out how I am going to quilt my Asian quilts. They've been hanging in the room waiting on me for months. It just came to me while I was in there sewing knee patches a few weeks ago. I hope it turns out. I plan to get on that before the month is out.
                            I am also going on a quilt shop hop the end of the month. I haven't wanted to do that for over 2 years. I think my quilt mojo is coming back...
                            Thanks to everyone for your patience. And Toni...I'm crawling along with the rest of you.

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                            Type: Public
                            Topics: 90
                            Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X