Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 7 (2/14 - 2/20)

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day, followed by a wonderful President's Day.

What will you work on this week?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

I had a very unproductive last week. Boo hoo hoo! This week also has challenges. I will be visiting my daughter at the end of the week, so I have some projects to work on with her and with her stepdaughter. I will be focusing on the prep work needed. Some of the things I need to do between now and Thursday noon:

1) get backing material for a pillow that Izzy and I will be making - DONE
    2) pull out of stash the materials that can be used for the snail portion of the 'cats and snails' quilt. Izzy will then make her choices. - DONE
    3) create kit for next EPP project - this will give me something to work on when I can't be machine sewing.
    4) pack up layer cake to be used to print test photos for daughter and son-in-law's quilt - DONE

and once that is done, if there is any more time, I can piece the backing for the Jan UFO! - BEGUN
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I had a great week because I actually finished the Ribbon Star quilt (I'll post a pic soon)! My son's team won their quarter round game so we will spend the weekend traveling for the semis and finals in the state tournament. I changed my list #7 to finish the teacup quilt - it just needs binding. I will try to sew it on and take it with me to do the hand sewing in the hotel. I am woefully behind on the 365 challenge - I need to do from 2/8 - current so I am also trying to get some of those caught up. If only my family didn't need to eat every night...
      Cindy

Comment

I had a moderately productive week last week. I didn't get caught up on the 365 (currently on 2/1--which is better than 1/26 which is where I was before) but I did pull out my #7 and started working on the flying geese border.

Goals for Week 7:
        1) Get the rest of the flying geese pieced (have all of one side done).
        2) Make more progress on the 365.
        3) Make one BOM block.

Hoping for a productive week for all!
        "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Packed the van, drove 2000 miles to Culiacán, Mexico, unpacked the van. Fabric and projects strewn all over the guest bed, 1/2 an inch of dust over everything, mice and termites had a blast while we were gone. So no quilting done last week or next week. I still hope to get going quickly and at least get the borders on the Sprigs and Twigs quilt so I can fuse the applique in the evenings after long days of cleaning and unpacking. I'll update next week.

Comment

The week is not over yet, and I'm being optimistic. So far I am only 2 days behind with the 365 Challenge, and I am in great hopes of getting me sewing time tomorrow.

Comment

I love the pictures! They give me a push to get busy. I am stuck, stuck, stuck. I have the lap quilt top pieced but I can't make myself add the 6" border. I really need to buy the backing so I can't justify buying another Tongo Treat to make the top bigger. Decisions, decisions.
              :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

I'm still here. I have been taking care of my mom and she doesn't have internet (which will be changed on Monday).

Comment

Beautiful new pictures!

I just finished the 2nd of 3 projects from a 2014 Eleanor Burns seminar. The event was really a three-day sales pitch for Baby Lock, but I had a blast nonetheless. This project used Baby Lock embroidery to make the center blocks, and the quilt is a variation on the Eleanor Burns Piece of Cake pattern. My DH didn't like seeing the embroidered patterns randomized when the top was laid out in a true "Piece of Cake" pattern. I always want DH to like my quilts, so I placed the embroidery symmetrically in the middle. He and I are now BOTH happy with the quilt top.

On to my February project: adding borders to an Alter Ego quilt.

Great job everyone!
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

This month's project has really been a challenge - it is a wall hanging with embroidery and quilted squares (Over the River and Through the Woods). I had finished one of the parts with embroidery (there are three) and was working on the second when I realized that the material was too short for the embroidered pattern. So, have transferred the pattern onto another wider piece of material. Don't think that I will finish by the end of the month, but am determined to Git Er Done!

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 90
                    Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X