Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 6 - (2/7 - 2/13) Goals

I did very little sewing/quilting last week, but I worked on organizing leftovers from the last few projects. Each week, I make my weekly goals smaller! So, this week, the goals are:

1. Holiday pot holders
    2. Sandwich and quilt January's UFO.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Continue assembling Piecing the Past blocks

Comment

I've just finished last week's goal, which was sewing the blocks for February project. I hope I can now press them, square them up and maybe start the assembly. Maybe.

Comment

I got hit with a stomach bug last week, so I was less productive than I'd hoped. And I stayed away from my quilt-in-progress because I didn't want to infect the fabric. Have I mentioned that I'm a germ-o-phobe? Well, you all probably figured that out. Today was pretty much my first day back towards normal, and I managed to get all the rows on my quilt-in-progress competed. Now I just need to press seams appropriately (forgot that on the rows) and assemble into a quilt top. Woo Hoo!

And thank you again, Sylvia, for starting this thread. I was in no shape to do so yesterday!
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

GuitarGramma,
          I am so sorry that you were sick. I will pray for you.
          Goal for this week is to finish a table runner that I'm doing for a swap and to cut fabric and mail for another swap.

Comment

I got caught up on my 365 blocks and sandwiched the ribbon quilt. I am in the process of quilting it so my machine is tied up with that at the moment. Hope to finish quilting and binding this week before I get too behind on the 365. My son's team won their regional tournament and we're now heading into the state's tournament, so progress has slowed to a crawl. Hopefully, I won't fall too far behind this week.

GuitarGramma, so to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope all is better now.
            Cindy

Comment

Thank you, Bec. I'm truly grateful for your prayers.

Comment

Hey Seaturtle, Congratulations on your son's win! And Don't worry About Your 365. Family should take priority over quilting!

Comment

Glad you are feeling better GG!
                  ST, good luck to your son!
                  I am almost done quilting my Jan UFO
                  My Feb one is sitting....
                  Need to get inspired!
                  Happy Quilting!

Comment

Smaller goals definitely needed here as well. Don't know if I will even get my Feb project pulled out by the end of of Feb.

This weeks goal: Catch up on the 365!
                    "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

I am still working on organizing my scraps and got my flannels all done. This week I had quite the list of things to get done but since it is already late Wednesday night, I guess a lot of them will move over to next week. But, I did work on my hexagon tablerunner, finished the 2 dozen burp cloths and cut out 1 1/2 NCW wallets. Let's see what I will be able to accomplish in the days left this week.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Boy did I get lucky! The pattern I choose for my son's quilt is easy to piece so I have all 40 of the blocks ready to sew together. The quilt is supposed to have a six inch border but I hate borders. Unfortunately I don't have enough of the jelly roll left to make extra blocks to compensate for the border widths. Oh well, onward and upward!
                        :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 90
                        Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                          Willcox and Gibbs
                          by chelea
                          Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                          November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                        • KPH
                          My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                          by KPH
                          Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                          November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                        • KPH
                          Secret Santa Arrivals
                          by KPH
                          Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                          November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                        • Monique
                          It has arrived
                          by Monique
                          My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                          November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                        • KPH
                          New Leader needed for 2021
                          by KPH
                          We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                          November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                        Working...
                        X