Git 'er Done Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 (1/31 - 2/6) Goals

Although I finished 3 UFOs in January - none of them were on my UFO list!!! So, I still have to do #12 of my list. Here are my goals for this week:

1. Piece backing for Sylvia Jelly Roll Race quilt
    2. Layer, baste and quilt Sylvia Jelly Roll Race quilt
    3. Wine bottle bags with coasters
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

I went back and edited my list. I am anxious to work on the Hunter's Star (and I may get to it this month ) but I need to finish the ribbon star from January (sandwich, quilt, and bind), and a teacup quilt that only needs binding. I also fell behind on the 365 challenge so I will focus initially on getting those done. If basketball season would end, I'd have my evenings back...
    Cindy

Comment

I cut my pieces and started sewing, so my goal for this week would be to complete the blocks (16P and X's) for the Arkansas Gypsy quilt. And keep up with the 365 Challenge (I'm caught up right now).

Comment

I have had a Feb course of action for 4 years: March Dance Show Costumes. Consume my creative time and then some. But I LOVE to do it, and it is my last year as my daughter is graduating HS this year. I have loved working with the performing arts dancers! My goal for this week was to finish both of the costumes my daughter needed for the "senior dance" the only one in the show choreographed by a professional-- a special gift to the seniors. I do not know what the dance is to be it is a HUGE secret , I only that they needed 2 costumes, white and either 100% cotton or rayon. One of the other mom's has a tye dying business so my guess what I will see in the end will not be white. We bought a few pieces: 100% cotton leggings that we will eventually cut into shorts (2 pair) and a crop top for the skirt and bra for under the dress

Comment

Way too much to do.

Comment

I finished my Jan UFO - a full bed sized quilt-, a table runner , a baby Yellow Brick road , and a small lap quilt. Thank you Guitar Gramma for starting this group.
            This weeks goal is to find my #7 UFO. It is some where in the sewing room. I had last minute guests which means I had to quickly shove my sewing things into closets and totes.
            "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
            Hillary Clinton

Comment

Well, this week is almost over, so I guess my goals will be small!

*Get caught back up with 365
              *Get BOMs caught up

I didn't finish my #12 from January, but I did make progress. Now that the health stuff is starting to calm back down, I might move a little quicker.
              "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

My Feb. project is to finish piecing my Piecing The Past CW BOW. I finished the individual blocks as planned this week. It is so helpful to have this group to keep me on track!

Comment

Git 'er Done Club

About this Group

We exist to help each other finish quilts. Our motto is "Git 'er Done!" If you have too many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) in your life, then we're here to help!

This group is dedicated to those of us who keep starting new quilting projects without finishing the ones we'd already started.

Each of us will create a list numbered from 1 to 12. Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 and 12, and that's the project we'll all work on!

We're here to support each other. It's amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 90
                Comments: 401

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                  Willcox and Gibbs
                  by chelea
                  Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                  November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                • KPH
                  My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                  by KPH
                  Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                  November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                • KPH
                  Secret Santa Arrivals
                  by KPH
                  Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                  November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                • Monique
                  It has arrived
                  by Monique
                  My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                  November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                • KPH
                  New Leader needed for 2021
                  by KPH
                  We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                  November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                Working...
                X