Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFO and Project Group for 2019

1. Is anyone interested in managing the group in 2019? I don't mind doing so, but as you are aware, I was very lax this past month, and I also missed deadlines for a few other months. While I am feeling better healthwise, I don't know what 2019 has in store for me. If someone else is interested in taking over, that would be fine with me.

2. Should the group name remain the same, or are there suggestions for another name? We have had several different names in the evolution of this group. The purpose of the group also changed from being strictly about UFO to now including project. As long as we are meeting the needs of the members, we are doing a good thing.

Please share your thoughts!
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

I think the group's name is a good motivational phrase which is true for UFOs as well as for new projects, but I am not opposed to new suggestions.
    If nobody else steps in, I think I could handle managing the group next year if needed.

Comment

Firstly I would like to thank you Sylvia for your input and I know that family and health should always come first, I'm just sorry that you're having a time of it at present.

I like the group's name but not adverse to changing it if that's what others want. Having the number listed each month gave me a kick up the you know what but I did like the idea that we could swap around and also put future projects on a separate list, it helped me organise myself better.

I don't want to put myself forward to run the group as I can't guarantee I'll always be available to post the numbers (most of my holidays occur around the end/beginning of the month).

Comment

Sylvia thank you for all the encouragement you have given and for starting this group. We all know how life gets in the way. I too have been struggling with life. Being care giver for my mom and my hubby is care giver for his dad and hubby also is having health issues and on an extended medical leave currently. We take it one day at a time but on the bright side I am going to be a grandma again this coming May so in between all the bad there is always some good. I hope we all are able and continue to find the good in what ever we are facing.

I currently can not volunteer to take over the group I hope that someone or even maybe a couple people can come together and continue this group. It helps me take a break from life when I sit at my sewing machine.

May you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comment

Lourixe, if your offer still stands, I will turn over the managing of this group to you. You will need to start a new group page for 2019. Everyone seems in agreement that the name can remain the same. I suggest adding "2019" to the name just to differentiate it from this year. I'll let you do all the announcing for next year. We can PM back and forth to work this all out.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

You have probably seen it already. I have just open the new group: https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=296
            Welcome on board!
            (Now if I could just finish a couple more UFO's before 2018 ends so my list for next year is easier...)

Comment

Thank you Sylvia for heading the group this year. I puttered out at the end but made good progress and got quite a few UFOs done. Thanks again and I hope your health continues to improve!

Comment

Thank you Sylvia H for managing the previous lists. It provided a great incentive (kick in the keester) to get things done.

Best of luck of 2019.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thanks, Sylvia for all your efforts this year!

Comment

Thanks Sylvia for your year of dedicated effort. Take this one off and just join us as a participant! And “thank you” Lourixe for taking the reigns. We promise to be easy to care for!

Comment

Thank you Sylvia for all your hard work this year! We really appreciate your effort and completely understand that life, family, and health have to come first.

Thank you Lourixe for volunteering to do next year's group!
                      "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Thank you Sylvia for all you have done the past several years!

I, too, have kind of vanished this second half of the year, but I did get many of my projects completed this year!

Thanks Lourixe for stepping up!!

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 71
                        Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X