Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt kits

I generally do not count quilt kits as UFO’s, although I know some people do. I am a sucker for quilt kits, though! I buy them when I see the glorious quilt completed and hanging on display, thinking I will definitely make this one! Truth be told, I have made over 100 quilts in my life, but I have yet to break into any of my pre-packaged quilt kits. With alll the video tutorials and precuts, I am more likely to break into that when I need some low stress sewing. I was cleaning my sewing area and I have challenged myself to start in on some of those adorable quilt kits.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am going to addend my “finished is better than perfect “ group list to also include a quilt kit list. That means I need to clean my sewing room!!

So now I will have 4 lists...
    Ufo’s
    Quilt tops that need quilted
    Want to make
    Quilt kits
    Happy Quilting!

Ok, I have 27
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

I have one. It's a block of the month Civil War quilt. When it first started I had great intentions but life happened and so I just collected the blocks each month. I know I still have it but I also have so many projects that are UFO's that I just leave it all together and maybe someday I will be able to focus on it.

Comment

As far as I can remember, I have three kits. One is for a purse; one is for a wall hanging (bargello); and the third is for a baby/child quilt. I put my 'quilt tops that need quilting' in my UFO list. In fact, that is pretty much all that are in my UFO list. I think I am going to do that bargello as soon as I finish the memory quilt I am working on. I have had ait for a long time. I bought it in my second year of quilting. In my third year, I met the woman who designed the wall hanging. She told me it was a good thing that I didn't try to do it early on. It has beautiful fall colors and is called Pocono Ridge. The Pocono mountains are in northeastern PA.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I have a few. I've made some and not others. My biggest issue in the past has been since the fabric was precut I did not wash it and on 2 of my finished quilts the dye has run! So now I am very careful.
          All that being said, I really love to pick out the fabric for my own projects, so I tend to buy the pattern rather than the kit, unless I really love the choices in the bag. So patterns I bought because I loved the finished kit on the wall of the quilt store... TONS. I am currently on a fabric/notions/pattern purchase fast! Which is why I am a lifelong member of this group.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 71
          Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
            Willcox and Gibbs
            by chelea
            Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
            November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
          • KPH
            My Secret Santa box has arrived.
            by KPH
            Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
            November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
          • KPH
            Secret Santa Arrivals
            by KPH
            Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
            November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
          • Monique
            It has arrived
            by Monique
            My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
            November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
          • KPH
            New Leader needed for 2021
            by KPH
            We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
            November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
          Working...
          X