Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June's UFO/Project Number

June's number is 8. Previous numbers are: January, 3; February, 1; March, 10; April, 9, May 12.

Again, I offer an apology for being late! As excuses, I will offer up that yesterday I had a 45 minute MRI to diagnose the nerve problem with my upper arm, and though not severe, the dye used made the rest of the day unpleasant. Today I had to deal with a problem with my refrigerator causing water on the floor of the fridge. (Son knows how to fix the problem, so he will be taking care of it.)

I have done some quilting this month - English Paper Piecing. I am very close to finishing the top.

I hope everyone is happy with their progress in this group. Sometimes our plans don't go as expected, but the effort is important. At other times, we experience the joy of accomplishing a goal.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Thank you, Sylvia for posting the number for June. I'm sorry to hear you're still not 100%, the procedure sounds unpleasant and I hope you're feeling better today. I hope your son has managed to fix the fridge. What a year you've been having, but it sounds as though you're on the up!! I look forward to seeing your completed quilt.

I've been all over the place with my list as I have a lot of projects on the go for fundraising with deadlines for September and I have 3 holidays before then. I'll take a look at my list and see if I can keep to my number - going on holiday to Malta next Wednesday so I may have made a start by then.

Comment

Thank you, Sylvia for posting the number for June. I'm sorry to hear you're still not 100%, the procedure sounds unpleasant and I hope you're feeling better today. I hope your son has managed to fix the fridge. What a year you've been having, but it sounds as though you're on the up!! I look forward to seeing your completed quilt.

I've been all over the place with my list as I have a lot of projects on the go for fundraising with deadlines for September and I have 3 holidays before then. I'll take a look at my list and see if I can keep to my number - going on holiday to Malta next Wednesday so I may have made a start by then.

Comment

Well, it wasn't on my list, but I finished a quilt top today! I did Jenny's Stars and Stripes quilt. I wasn't able to purchase the "United" Jelly Roll that is featured in the tutorial. But Jean Sewing Machine took pity on me and bought enough fabric to make two. We split the cost and the fabric, and I started this just last week. This may be my fastest quilt top ever: nine days!!! It sure helped that Jean cut the fabric into Jelly Roll-size strips!!!!!! I'll try to get a photo posted.

Sylvia, I sure hope you conquer this pain. Constant pain is so draining! My heart goes out to you.
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Well, this year has been busier than I expected! I did not work at all on April or May's projects. I'm looking forward to June's as it can be a leader/ender with other projects I have going. I am still working on February's--I almost have the top pieced. I have two parts to sew together and then add the last border.

It's summer break now, so hopefully I will get more quilting done!
          "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Add me to the list of people who are doing projects that aren't on their list. I have been needlepointing a footstool cover with brick stitch. I am enjoying needlepoint a lot more than cross stitch...there's no chart involved with the pre-printed canvas so I can switch my brain off...I can't do that when I have to carefully follow a cross stitch grid pattern. The brick stitch is faster than the usual diagonal tent stitch of needlepoint. I saw a piece on eBay that was in brick stitch and really liked the look of it. I didn't win the auction so I decided to try making it myself. I've made a lot of blunders but they don't bother me...I figure that I can do MY hobbies any way I please I will probably move on to recovering the furniture next since I'll need to attach this to an old footstool. Then I'll get out my new nail gun and give that a try. It shoots little nails. I'm watching Miss Mustard Seed's video tutorials on recovering a chair on YouTube.

Comment

Kimsophia, I'm sure it'll be lovely when finished. We're our own harshest critics!!

Comment

I have to get back to my finishing list. I only had 8 UFO tops In January 2018 and although I have quilted 5 already, I am back up to 8 tops to be quilted for myself. That's because I got distracted along the way and made/finished more quilt tops. Then I also volunteered to quilt 4 tops for Victoria quilts over the summer, but these are lap/twin size so I will try and get these done sooner.

There is to be an unplanned trip over the summer to Kansas, so this means I will have to finish a few of the tops for DH's relatives.

I plan my sewing days around the weather. Rain, humidity, high heat are all perfect reasons to retreat indoors to sewing den.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 71
                Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                  Willcox and Gibbs
                  by chelea
                  Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                  November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                • KPH
                  My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                  by KPH
                  Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                  November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                • KPH
                  Secret Santa Arrivals
                  by KPH
                  Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                  November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                • Monique
                  It has arrived
                  by Monique
                  My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                  November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                • KPH
                  New Leader needed for 2021
                  by KPH
                  We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                  November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                Working...
                X