Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April's UFO/Project Number

Hello all! Are you ready to begin another UFO or Project? The number for April is 9. The numbers for previous months are January, 3; February, 1; March, 10.

I haven't been on my computer much this past month, and I see there are many posted completions that I want to look at. If you are celebrating either Passover or Easter, I hope you are enjoying your holiday with family and friends.

I am still dealing with shingles - going into my 7th week! Fortunately, the pain is not as severe as it used to be. I'm hoping that it will be gone in another week or two, I see a Neurologist on Tuesday to see what can be done about the lack of mobility in my upper arm. I am SOOOOOOO tired (and frustrated) of not being able to just get up and do things.

I had a lovely, but short, visit with Preeti last Saturday. She had been to the Lancaster Quilt Show and was on her way to visit her sister's family.

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone will be doing in April.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Thanks Sylvia.
    I hope you start to feel better soon. At least you are on the mend.

Since my UFO quilt numbers only went to 8, I will turn 9 upside down and work on number 6.

I am doing great so far. Have quilted # 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7. I am working on others to add to the quilting list, and hope to have the tops done shortly.

Happy Easter celebrations for those who celebrate Easter.

Suzanne

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

My #9 is a log cabin quilt in browns for DH. I started quilting it in December last year but didn't like how it was turning out so will have a lot of ripping before I can start quilting it again.

Didn't get my #10 completely finished in March because I got sidetracked by Linus quilts so will make the effort to get up to date before I start anything else!!

Comment

My #9 is a log cabin quilt in browns for DH. I started quilting it in December last year but didn't like how it was turning out so will have a lot of ripping before I can start quilting it again.

Didn't get my #10 completely finished in March because I got sidetracked by Linus quilts so will make the effort to get up to date before I start anything else!!

Comment

Sylvia, I'm glad you are starting to feel better. 7 weeks of that sounds miserable though. I hope the neurologist can help you get back to 100%.
          My #9 is a plus quilt I tried to design myself but I ended up not liking it. I have the blocks sewn but not put together. I'll put it up on the design wall and see if I like it more. If I don't I'm thinking I might turn the blocks into little zippered bags or something. I'll use them one way or another this month. Good luck everyone!

Comment

I am hopeless!!! Instead of completing a project, I started a new one (Grandmother's Flower Garden! I have become obsessed with sewing hexagons!) I must have a version of Attention Deficit Disorder. Good luck everyone! I am going to make myself take time this month to finish piecing blocks for my last month's quilt top because I am soooo close to having all the blocks done. Glad you are feeling a bit better, Sylvia!
            Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Cyndie, you aren't the only one with ADD because I'm skipping all over on different projects. I started doing crewel embroidery and have made two cushions/pillows. I've also ordered the parts for a Sue Spargo wool applique project from her Craftsy class. The Village applique quilt hasn't been stitched on for weeks...ack.

Sylvia, keep us updated on the neurologist's suggestions. Glad the pain has decreased!

We keep getting snow here...it's almost my birthday and it is white out there. DH and I often get bad weather for our birthdays...his is in November.

Comment

kimsophia, Thank you! You are making me feel better!LOL
                Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

I put up some photos of stuff I'm doing instead of things on my list...

Comment

I'm still proceeding with my machine embroidery quilt, but have been sidetracked by small mending projects and lots of family visits. Yes, the visitng family brought me their mending! I need to get my embroidery machine set back up. You know what? Visiting here has motivated me. I'm going to set up the embroidery machine TODAY! Baby steps, baby steps!!!

P.S. Love the quilts everyone has posted. Such talent!
                    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Most of the month is gone and I can't believe I haven't been working at any of my UFOs. Shame on me! I have been playing around with new WIPs instead.

Comment

I'm in the same boat! Put together some hexie templates and scraps to take to the caravan - yes I've been doing them at home in the evenings instead,so far around 200. Also in the process of making another falling charms quilt for me and nearly finished 240 Dresden blades from the left overs and some scraps. What am I thinking of, I have UFO's from March and April along with 2totes bags to finish.

I have the brain of a butterfly moving from project to project but not actually finishing anything!!!

Comment

I got forced into my sewing room this week by a noisy, smelly home repair project. We got new doors installed in 50 degree weather. The central parts of the house were cold but the sewing room was warm and quiet. So I got the right side of the Village applique quilt done. Today I basted the bottom border of the quilt to the center which was pretty exciting because I discovered it didn't fit! It was too wide, but fortunately I was able to shorten it without too much damage. The elephant got his tail shortened...lol It was way too long, anyway. The left border/panel of the quilt is not started, but the top, bottom and right side is done. It was pretty embarrassing how much progress I made in one week when forced :P I don't know what kind of glue or caulk or whatever they used but it still smells like paint so we need to air the place out as the outside temperature permits.

Comment

Not making good progress on the UFO's the last two months. January's is done and February's is being working on (it's a log cabin quilt so that will be an ongoing project but at least it is started). Haven't touched March's and now here we are at the end of April. Oh boy.
                            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi everyone! I hoped to either make a quilt with the blocks from my April UFO or bags. I did make 2 make-up bags and one project bag but only used 8 out of the 40 blocks. I might give the rest away or make a quick table runner. I'm counting this one done either way.
                              I have some extra time to sew right now since I am a school nurse in Arizona. The schools are closed because the teachers are on a walkout/strike. I loved the extra time to sew today but hope it ends soon!

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X