Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 2018 UFO/Project Number

Who is ready to start a new UFO or project? The number for March is 10. Prior month's numbers were: January, 3; February 1.

I have been sick with one thing after the other since the end of January, so I haven't been able to accomplish anything. Now, I have Shingles! So much for 'intending' on getting the vacine. It is every bit as horrible as you may have heard. The one thing I did not know about this disease is that it may cause permanent nerve damage. My outbreak is on my right arm, and I have lost the ability to move my upper arm. It is too soon to know if this is permanent. I am 2.5 weeks into this. I am on medication, and on Monday I will be getting steriod shots in my neck that are supposed to help. Fingers crossed! The good news is that, once the pain has diminished, I will still be able to quilt!
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Hi Sylvia, I'm so sorry to hear of your illness, I hope there's no lasting damage and that the exterior injections will help.

Thank you for running the group, my #10 is a Courthouse steps Christmas quilt for me, yayyyy!! It'll be something to look forward to come December. Will probably get on to it at the end of the week.

Comment

Thanks. I have decided to rent a long arm for #1 in the next two weeks so it will be done. I feel ahead as I have finished quilting #2,3,4 & 7, so I am good for now.
      Oh Sylvia, I hope that the meds will help and that you do not have permanent damage. I got the vaccine a few years ago, as I remembered how my dad suffered when he got shingles. My daughter also got them in her twenties. She is ok, but I believe she has received the vaccine now.
      Have faith that you will get better and sewing shortly.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

My #10 is the NCW. I have everything I need for it, I think. I failed with February's project - the afghan is still not done. The month started and is ending with trips to Cleveland Clinic for DH and I've lost my mojo. Maybe this project will get me back in the swing.

Comment

I replied on my "list" thread instead of here...oops! My Feb. project is not done - have barely worked on it. Sylvia I hope you get some relief soon. I had shingles on my forehead a few years ago. Fortunately I suspected what it was and went to the doctor right away and got on the meds, so it didn't spread too terribly...but it really burned and itched! I was concerned because it was right above my eye. I hope your arm will get better soon and you will not have any permanent damage. Sending you a hug and saying a prayer for you!

Comment

Oh no, not shingles! I had them six years ago and I guess they could have been worse (I got on the antiviral on the third day) but it was miserable! Hope yours don't last long. I think after a month I was functioning.

Comment

Sylvia H - My daughter had shingles when she was in her 20's. She said that she thought shingles was an old persons disease. LOL Thanks for hanging in there and keeping this group going. Praying you find comfort and relief soon.

Comment

oh dear -
                I'm binding #1 the t-shirt quilt and have completed a couple blocks for #3. I best get busy and stop messing around.

Comment

Oh, Sylvia, I am very sorry for your health issues. Shingles are no joke!
                  I fear I am going to cheat and shift numbers again in March. My #10 would have been FMQing a large top, but as I have decided to purchase a Juki 2200 mini by the end of the month, I am leaning towards taking a piecing/assembling UFO instead. It will be much better to quilt on the Juki later than with my present tiny machine.

Comment

Sylvia I am sorry about your illnes, I hope that soon it will be well and thank you for encouraging us so much It seems that this year my UFO´s are going to cost me a little because I am just finishing the first one although it is a cap of hexis and they are a bit slow and at the beginning of the month they have operated on my sister´s heart, they have had to change three veins and the recovery even if everything goes well is two to three months and as I live in front of her because I spend many hours at home so my work is delayed but there are still many months to finish the year and I will try to finish all

Comment

Sylvia, I'm sorry you have been sick and hope you feel better soon!
                      My #10 will be a quick finish so I'm aiming to get my #1 from last month done as well this month's done. I'm just waiting to get my machine back.

Comment

I need to shuffle numbers around because my #10 is in Atlanta and I am not! I’m definitely hoping to get #1&2 both done this month, they are not big projects but I’ve been stalled on #1 for two weeks because I need a matching thread... oh how I miss America at times like this!

Comment

I am going to work on my #10 in March, but finished #2 before as I seem to be falling behind with Linus quilts.

Comment

Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear that! I need to get the vaccine...will try to do it soon.

I finished 2 so far this year.

Comment

Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill and now have shingles!!! I hope you feel better very soon! I have been working on a quilt for my daughter, just plugging along little by little. This quilt is kind of a pain, but I know it will be worth it when finished. So I did not finish anything for February but hope to finish all the blocks for this quilt during March, and sew the blocks together! No borders on it so that will help with the timeline! Please get well ASAP!:
                              Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X