Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My #3 update

I have been trying to work a little bit each night on my quilt, even if it's only for a few minutes. The goal is to complete the top so it is ready to send for quilting. It's just a small quilt but something I really want to finish. So far I have 4 of the 5 rows completed, then there is a small pieced border on one side and the outside borders. The quilt is made of Little Golden Book prints that I collected a few years ago. I'm pleased so far with how it's coming along. So happy I joined this group to motivate me to work on this again. It's really a simple pattern but when I was a new quilter it was intimidating for some reason. I have learned that I am really a perfectionist and sometimes I put things off or quit because I'm afraid it won't turn out the way I envision it. With this one, when I get to that point, I tell myself, "You can either have a finished quilt that might not be perfect but that someone will enjoy just the way it is, or you can have another pile of fabric!" So far, it's working. Looking forward to sharing the finished project with you and seeing more of your projects as well!

Oooh, I liked Little Golden Books...I didn't know they had a fabric!

Comment

I love Golden Books too - so many good memories. I can't wait to see your quilt.

Comment

Well, the name of this group is just perfect for this quilt! It sounds like it is just going to be great. Someone has this motto about quilting mistakes: If you can't see it at 50 yards while riding on a horse, it doesn't count. Also remember, there are no quilting mistakes, just variations.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Love that saying Sylvia. The Linus quilt I am working on certainly falls into that category!

Comment

What a cute idea! I don't know that fabric collection, but I sure remember and love the Little Golden Books. Some of my prized possessions as a child bookworm! I feel you about being intimidated by a pattern once things were purchased to make it. I felt that too and I hesitated to go beyond the easier and more accessible patterns like many of the ones that Jenny does her tuts about. I'm trying to get over that too, even though I pick things up and then put it back down for a while. You will get it eventually, and then it will feel so grand to have finally finished that piece. When you post it, be sure to say how you struggled. Others need that little nudge at times.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 71
            Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
              Willcox and Gibbs
              by chelea
              Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
              November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
            • KPH
              My Secret Santa box has arrived.
              by KPH
              Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
              November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
            • KPH
              Secret Santa Arrivals
              by KPH
              Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
              November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
            • Monique
              It has arrived
              by Monique
              My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
              November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
            • KPH
              New Leader needed for 2021
              by KPH
              We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
              November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
            Working...
            X