Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kay's 2018 list

Last year I feel it was a very productive year as I was able to complete 10 of the projects on my 2017 list considering all that happened with taking care of my mom. This year hope fully will be even more productive with the hope that I will have more time than I did last year. The 2 that I didn’t complete have been added to this list. As I love the numbers being selected each month I do have some priorities/deadlines on a couple of the unfinished projects and will be working on them first.

DONE1. Camp t-shirt quilt – Due by June – Donation to the Nebraska Youth Camp in Kearney NE. I do one every year for them. Last year’s quilt sold for $600
    2. Flower quilt for girlfriend – Her mother passed away 2 years ago and was unable to complete this quilt for her. I hope I am able to complete it like her mother would have completed it.
    3. Harry Potter bookcase quilt – Son’s Christmas gift 2018, He is a HUGE Harry Potter fan. This is a 90% paper pieced quilt
    DONE 4. Harry Potter bookcase quilt – Continue to work on blocks – Complete 4 bocks
    DONE5. Harry Potter bookcase quilt – Continue to work on blocks – Complete 4 blocks
    DONE6. Harry Potter bookcase quilt – Continue to work on blocks – Complete 4 blocks
    7. Hexagon quilt – was going to be queen size but since I started this project we have moved up to a King size bed so now this will have to be King size
    8. Holiday Flower block – If I have time this year I hope to get this finished. All blocks are completed just need to sew together, quilt, label and bind.
    9. Jelly roll quilt for son-in-law – Made out of his military uniforms that he no longer uses. Begin taking apart the uniforms.
    10. Red and White embroidered Snowman quilt – Blocks are embroidered need to put together into blocks
    DONE11. Jean quilt – Have been cutting jeans apart - will be a rag quilt for the camper. Start cutting squares and batting
    DONE12. HST group – keep up with this swap all year long
    DONE 13. 5 Memory Bears
    DONE14. Baby quilt - Baby due in December
    DONE14. Doll cloths for Birthday in December and some for Christmas

The Harry Potter quilt is a HUGE project and I have been told it will take a year to complete. I'm hoping to have it completed by Christmas so I have dedicated 4 numbers to this quilt in hopes to finish it by then.

Kay, happy to see you here! I've been thinking about you since I saw someone post a bear made with a military uniform. I'm hoping to find one of my son's old cami uniforms with a name patch to try and make one, since you so generously shared the pattern. Good luck with your projects this year! Hope things are warmer in Nebraska than they are in Ohio tonight.

Cokie

Comment

I love your list. Is there a link to the Harry Potter quilt pattern. This sounds like a challenge project for me.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Sylvia - here is the link to the original Harry Potter pattern with all the blocks:
        http://www.fandominstitches.com/2015...ilt-along.html

They are doing a quilt along with this quilt that started this month. This is the face book link:
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/projectofdoom/

It's called the Project of Doom because it is a real challenge on some of the blocks.

Comment

Oh wow! Another one to add to my "wish I could" list!!
          "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

So I tell my DH, Jerry, that this is the year I'm going to make the POD. (He knows I've been drooling over all the wonderful pics on a Harry Potter site for over a year now) He says to me do you want me to embroider the book titles? WHAT?....wait.....WHAT?
            Well how could I say no? So I pushed my current project aside immediately and voila the first block is born.

Comment

That is a great list. Can't wait to see your finished projects.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

kderr--That is awesome! Too bad all guys aren't that great--you've got yourself a keeper there!
                "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Thank you for the link to the quilt! I haved put it on my list .... the list that goes on forever!
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

#1 in now under the needle. YEAH!!!

Comment

Hungarian horn tail block is competed and I believe at this time I am going to put him on top of the bookcase.

Comment

The quilt it coming together nicely but taking a little longer then I expected. I posted the restricted section of the bookcase and also a plant and lantern. Need more blocks to know just exactly where they are going to be placed on the bookcase.

Comment

I feel this year that I am moving very slow for some reason but I guess slow and steady will win the race. #1 finally done and delivered.

Comment

Wasn't sure I was going to get the Jean quilt made in time before Memorial Weekend but I did it. Love how the corners turned out.

Comment

Moving slow this summer on sewing. Spending more time outside and camping. Wish I could bring my sewing machine with me when the fish are not biting or it is raining out I can be sewing instead. Here are a couple more blocks for the Harry Potter book case.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X