5. City Block
    6. Start Journal and record quilts made
    7. Surf's Up quilt - DONE
    8. Cotton and Steel quilt
    9. Plus quilt - DONE
    10. Daisy Delight quilt - DONE
    11. City Block
    12. City Block

Tula Pink's City Block is a huge project that I must break into 3 parts in any hopes of finishing it.
    First month - finish making blocks
    Second month - sew top together with sashing
    Third month - quilt and bind

And I've only been quilting since May!

Good Luck to all of us!

LuLu

Are these unfinished projects or one you want to start? I have a couple that I want to start but have to get my unfinished list under control first.

Comment

Sadly all of them have been started except for the journal documenting quilts I've made. A lot of them are completely pieced and just waiting to be quilted though. I really like the piecing part but didn't like shoving a quilt through my home machine. It made my shoulder hurt. I recently bought a mid-arm on a frame to fix that issue but I'm still working out some kinks with the machine. I can meander with it pretty successfully but want to learn how to do pantos and ruler work.

Comment

Lulu I started a lot of projects when I first started quilting too, then I found that even though the blocks weren't difficult, I didn't know enough about the techniques to be very accurate. So...I created a lot of UFOs as I bounced around trying to find something I could do. Hopefully, this year I'll be able to build on what I've learned and finish up those early projects. Good luck - sounds like you've definitely caught the quilting bug! :-)

Cokie

Comment

Lulu - I like your list! I am glad you decided to join our group this year. I like your quilting enthusiasm.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I too have a lot of unfinished projects. I would get the top pieced and then came the dilemma of quilting them which I could not do so when money permitted I would send them out to be quilted. Since then I have purchase a quilting frame and a Juki with a longer throat. I have completed several that were years old and please with my quilting process.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind welcome to your group!

Comment

Sorry all that I’ve been absent from the group. I have been working on my UFOs though! Haven’t been paying attention to what number is drawn and just working through my pile.
                I’ve been struggling with my city block project which is probably why I’ve been absent. I have 35 or so done and have lost interest in making any more blocks. I’m going to use the blocks I have for a small quilt top and call it done. I like to finish what I start but this was just too ambitious for me.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 71
                Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X