Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January, 2018 - UFO/Project Number

The number for January, 2018 is ... 3 ... Happy quilting, everyone!
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Oh #3 is my 1st Bargello made with the pattern I used to be a layer cake, and I already have the back bought.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

And we're off! My #3 is DD Christmas quilt I didn't manage to finish in time for Christmas. Great, will be back at the machine tomorrow 😀😀

Comment

Uh oh, my #3 is to quilt a fall strip quilt - love the colors, but dreading the quilting. This is the prompting that I needed!

Comment

My #3 is assembling Jamestown Landing blocks. I am considering putting up a DIY design wall.

Comment

Yay! Off to an easy start. My piecing #3 is a snowballed pinwheel baby quilt that has languished for a while (maybe because I hate the colors?) but is almost together. My FMQ #3 is my doubly charmed (gotta find thread for this one). Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress again this year. Hopefully I remember to check in more often!
            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Oh good my #3 is convert 2 nightgowns to 2 useable t shirts
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Binding a quilt for my sister-started the quilt 3-4 yrs. ago! Yay it's going to get finished!!!!
                Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

I've only got a partial list made but my #3 is to finish a wall hanging for a friend.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

So there I was, about to climb the stairs to my sewing room - after finishing the ironing and in the process of washing some throws we'd had on the sofa over Christmas so felt I could justify the time on sewing!! Until DH calls out, "don't forget the man from the UPVC windows company will be here in around 10 mins!! While I waited for him to arrive, had a look at my LQS - a sale at 75% off!! What's a girl to do?

After the man had been we had lunch then I went to the LQS - saved a fortune but now my head is buzzing with sewing ideas!! No wonder I have a pile of UFO's - hopefully will get in the sewing room tomorrow!!

Comment

My #3 is to finish a Jacob's ladder quilt made with batiks. It will be for my MIL and her birthday is in April so I can give it to her then. It will be a big project to finish but I get to go shopping for a border, backing and binding. Yay!

Comment

Funny that no one had to change their list yet.....
                        Number 3 for me is the border on my Tonga BOM...like all of you, I needed this to push me to finish it. I was doing so good until I got to the borders...not sure why I came to a standstill, but will get them done this month!

Comment

#3 for me is my Pokey Puppy quilt. I started this some time ago when I was a new quilter, with Little Golden Book fabrics and had trouble squaring up the blocks and rows, so I put it away. This is something I really do want to finish!

Comment

I grabbed 12 boxes off my shelf. I have no idea what the project is but it will be worked on.

Comment

Tfrankum - I have to confess to changing my list! My #3 was to complete a Jelly roll quilt. But a conflicting goal of mine is to have both an adult throw and a baby quilt available for last minute gifts. I already have a completed jelly roll quilt, so I switched my #3 to one of the several baby quilts I have to complete.
                              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X