Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josephine 09's list

So excited to participate in this group again this year! This makes year 3 for me, and it's been a great group to encourage me to finish projects. I am keeping several lists this year. Since I always have an FMQ quilt on one machine and piecing on the other I am going to keep those projects on separate lists. Here are my lists for this year:

2018 Piecing List
    1. [February] En Provence FINISHED!!
    2. [September] Yellow Brick Road
    3. [January] Snowballed Pinwheel--FINISHED!!, Quilted & Bound!!
    4. [July] Second Saturday Sampler 14-15 (enchanted pond)
    5. [October] Second Saturday Sampler 16-17 (green & batiks)
    6. Mom's Christmas Quilt
    7. [August] Dad's Christmas Quilt
    8. [June] Plain & Fancy BOM
    9. [April] Twist the Night Away BOM
    10. [March] Second Saturday Sampler 15-16 (baby quilt) FINISHED!!
    11. Bears in the Woods
    12. [May] Generations
    13. [June-Bonus Finish] Second Saturday Sampler 17-18 FINISHED!!

2018 Quilting List
    1. & 7. Sagebrush Mystery Quilt [February]
    2. & 8. Lattice Quilt [May] [June]
    3. & 9. Doubly Charmed #1 [January] [April] FINISHED!!
    4. & 10. Sticks & Stones [March]
    5. & 11. Night Sky (hand-quilting)
    6. & 12. Ugly Jelly roll Quilt

Bonuses:
    + Any of 10 Kim Diehl Mini-Quilts
    +2 donation baby quilts from school--Pieced! Now need quilted. --FINISHED!!
    +Constellation--just needs binding--FINISHED!!
    "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Current Progress

Current # of projects: 45

Current # of projects completely finished in 2018: 4!

I am keeping a blog of my quilting/sewing/crafting progress. Check it out if you'd like: https://quiltingbythesnowies.wordpress.com/

Comment

#3 Snowballed Pinwheel finished!! Really close to a true finish on Constellation. Will post pics tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

Can't wait to see the snowballed pinwheel. I have difficulty snowballing blocks - I can never get it right. But I got a "Corner Pop" ruler for Christmas which is suppose to help with that. I'll have to snowball something soon to try it out - maybe a pinwheel block.

Comment

Congratulations on finishing the Snowballed quilt. I am looking forward to seeing it.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Oh the snowball quilt is so very pretty! I love the colors. Great job.

Comment

Constellation (one of my bonuses) is finished finished! Project count down by 1! Will post a pic soon, need to wait for better light.

Comment

I like the approach you took on your list to separate out the piecing from the quilting. Hmm. Maybe I should have read your list before I wrote mine. And my En Provence is not finished either - a little piecing done, all the units done. LOL, it didn't even make my list! I do love your pinwheel quilt and I think the range of colors you chose make it really special. Great job!

Comment

Wow, I've been AWOL for a while. I have been quilting though! I finally bound the snowballed pinwheel and added it to the projects photos.

Comment

Yay! Gotta love summertime quilting for teachers. En Provence is finally pieced into a top! That was my February goal.

Comment

Well, I finished a top not on my list that was a BOM from the past year. I'm okay with that--at least I'm making progress!

Comment

Oh yeah, and I finished piecing the two donation quilts from school back in May! Hoping to get those quilted this summer.

Comment

Busy, busy, busy

Comment

Your last finishes look awesome!

Comment

Finished Doubly Charmed by Deb Tucker. Still need to finish the partner quilt to it, but good progress. Really love the FMQ on the back of it. Also finished a Jelly Roll rug. It was a fun 4th of July week project with my mom. She's still working on hers.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X