X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimsophia's 2018 list

1. The Village applique quilt: sew blocks together for quilt top DONE
    2. The Heirloom Christmas embroidery DONE
    3. Assemble the Village quilt sandwich and finish it (or do #1 if not already done) DONE
    4. The Nativity counted cross stitch: make Joseph, two other wise men Joseph and all three wise man DONE
    5. The Happy Childhood cross stitch (substituted Halloween crazy quilt) DONE
    6. Finish the Mermaid Song Victoria Sampler (after video tutorial goes online) DONE
    7. Finish the Irish Linen milkweed embroidery? (Substituted Spring Meadow museum needlepoint) DONE
    8. Finish the Blue Ocean Landscape wall hanging DONE
    9. The Moroccan Tiles quilt? (did needlepoint footstool cover instead) DONE
    10. Jenny's hexagons quilt: assemble the quilt sandwich, tie & bind it DONE
    11. Re-cover dining room chairs DONE
    12. Crazy quilt chatelaine?

I got one wise man done just at the end of 2017 so I substituted in Joseph. I have three with question marks because I'm not fired up about those ideas any more and I may switch in some Jacobean lattice work from a book I downloaded...although that could be tried on the Irish Linen piece...I also have ideas about felt food toys, an armchair sewing caddy, a flannel baby rag quilt, a housewife tool roll...and some of the quilt's assemblies may take more than a month...so I'm planning to be flexible in 2018. The ones I am most determined to finish in 2018 are the Village and Hexagon quilts and the Mermaid Song piece. The dining room chairs I may put off until we are sure the new cat won't use them as scratching pads.

Wooie, well I was ironing the blocks and looking for my 8 1/2" square ruler, which I couldn't find, but I discovered that I hadn't sewn down the houses, just the plants. So I have a lot of appliqueing to do. By the time I'm done I might find my ruler.

Comment

Wow that is quite the list. Each one of these projects look labour intense. Don't forget to post when you finish one. I would love to see.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I am making more progress. I'm getting the piano key kind of border around the central section done. I ironed some more background fabric and will cut it and start appliqueing animals on those blocks next. I'm really glad I simplified this pattern. It still is going to look cool.

Comment

I'm glad you joined us. Your list reads as very industrious and has very interesting projects. I'm looking forward to seeing them when they are finished.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Wow, I am so intrigued by your list. Such interesting projects and they sound intricate and naturally beautiful. I'm not familiar with Jacobean lattice work, so I might have to ask The Googles about that tradition and find out more. You do a lot of hand stitching, and that's so soothing. You should be the calmest person ever with the size of your list!

Comment

Midge, this is the site that I purchased a Jacobean book from and also has a lot of free stuff (and regular embroidery resources too)
              https://www.needlenthread.com/types-...ean-embroidery

I'm still working on the piano key style fence border...but I haven't started sewing down the animals yet. I clearly won't get this done in this month but I'm planning to send it out to be longarmed so that takes that off my list.

Comment

I finished Joseph yesterday so my nativity scene just has two more wise men, two shepherds, three sheep and a donkey to go! lol

Comment

It looks awesome with just the figures you have completed. This will be a real treasure!

Comment

I've done cross stitch before and know how much work went in to these. They are beautiful! Great idea fully finishing the figures as you go so you can use it even if you don't finish the others.

Comment

I love your Nativity figures! You did a great job. I too am a cross stitcher so I can see how much work went into each of those. How are you planning to display them?

Comment

Cokie,

In the book I got these patterns from they are displayed on sheet moss in a little woven twig stable, but I probably won't weave a stable of twigs. Hopefully I'll find something that will do.

Kim

Comment

Hmm, well...I took a long break from the Village quilt because I had screwed up the corners. I made a flannel nightgown, finished the Joseph in my nativity set, and started working on a cute cat themed cross stitch. Tonight I finally was ready to try to fix those corners. The good news is, two of the four sides were pretty okay. The bottom piano key border was screwed up but I took it off and redid it and I think it will be fine. However, the fourth side is still screwed up, but I'm not going to work any more tonight. But, progress is being made...I'll probably have to rip the whole fourth side off and mess with it.

Comment

Sorry to hear the borders are troublesome. You will figure it out eventually, but I understand and agree that sometimes putting it away for a while is the best action to take.

Comment

Good news...the piano keys are reattached and I'm happy with what I changed. Now I'm auditioning where to put the wild animal appliques and reading a crazy quilting book. Fun times!

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X