5.- Quilting Senior quilt OCTOBER
    1.-Assembling Hexis FEBRUARY DONE
    7.- Quilting hexi top AUGUST Progress: 75%
    8.- Assembling Scrappy 60º triangles JUNE
    9.- Quilting Scrappy 60º triangles APRIL
    11.- Quilting Occitane DECEMBER DONE
    10.- Assembling and quilting Gypsy Crossroads. MARCH Top assembled
    12.- Finish Upcycled Advent Calendar MAY DONE

Along the road... (projects born on the side)
    Mishap Quilt DONE
    Venting Quilt DONE
    Spanish MQG Challenge DONE
    Christmas table runner DONE
    Scrappy Whirlwind lap quilt DONE
    Christmas cushions DONE

Wannamakes:
    Dancer cushion for Sofia: I can't find the fabric I put aside for this!
    Denim floor cushion
    Finish On Ringo Lake: Top finished
    Wonky stars
    Shattered frames
    Scrappy Mountain Majestics
    Tiny dancers DONE (cushion cover)
    Ocean Waves

My #3 UFO (assembling Jamestown Landing) is done. I inspected my batting stash and I have enough for #5, #7, #9 and #10. I have finally decided I will use fleece as backing for Jamestown Landing, with no batting. This quilt should go to the summer family room in the basement of the country house, which is all in blues.
    I found a bag labelled (59) 6 1/2" Venting Blocks. It is a bunch of Box Kite blocks from 2 1/2" scraps I made a couple of years ago, to steam out after one of MIL fits. I made a 6 x 8 layout of those that were only ugly, and sliced the worst ones to create a Disappearing Hideous Block.

Comment

Disappearing hideous block - lol! I'll have to google that pattern. Good job finishing your #3!

Comment

Congratulations on a beautiful quilt.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

My hexi top is now completed. I should now un-baste and de-paper it ASAP so that I can sandwich it and start the quilting. Although I listed quilting as one of the # in the list, as it was hand sewed I intend to hand quilt it too and it is going to take way more than a month.

Comment

Your hexi top is absolutely beautiful!

Comment

I really like the layout of your hexi quilt. Really pretty!

Comment

The Juki 2200qvp mini I ordered hasn't arrived yet, so instead of quilting another large top I decided to assemble the 16Ps and X blocks of Gypsy Caravan fabrics (the pattern was published in Block as "Good Night, Irene" but I have seen it called Arkansas Crossroads elsewhere). I started this project in 2013 and completed the blocks by 2015, but I wasn't proficient at all and they came out wonky. I now decided to slice them down to 8 1/4" so they all are the same shape and size and thus I assembled them in a flat laying top. I am now auditioning borders. Today's light is terrible for pics, I am sorry the colors look so bad.

Comment

I am going to need to rearrange my list. I could not quilt an UFO I haven't assembled yet! LOL
                  I am progressing with the handquilting of my hexis (supposedly #7), I might choose this project to finish this month.
                  As some of the others, day job, family issues and other secondary projects have gotten in the way.

Comment

I haven't finished any of the listed UFOs in April nor May, but I have completed 4 small projects start to finish (therefore preventing them from becoming new UFOs for next year's list, yai me! ). I keep slowly progressing in the hand quilting of my hexi quilt. Someday I'll be home by daylight and will take pics.

Comment

Well despite the time pressures you're having, you've still been busy. Love the finished quilts!!

Comment

I am really looking forward for some sewing time as the working season slows down after October. Months ago I pieced large logcabin blocks with Christmas fabrics as FMQ practice samples I could easily turn into cushions, but they have just been decorating my design wall all this time. So instead of finishing UFOs I am adding new ones to the list!

Comment

I haven't stitched anything quilty since July, and instead of working at my pending UFOs here I am pulling out fabric for the next one. I can't resist Bonnie Hunter's Mysteries but several of my UFOs are quilts made after her patterns that I need to FMQ.
                          Oh, boy!

Comment

I just made a lap quilt start to finish, that I called Scrappy Whirwild, from scraps from my stash. I only bought batting and backing for this project, as I had nothing suitable at hand. I needed to warm up my piecing and FMQing skills before I tackle my big UFOs. I now begin to have some time for sewing, just on time for Mystery Season.

Comment

Editing this list for the last time. I started a set of Christmas cushions in June, and finished the 2 first ones today. Which means the others are going to join the list of UFOs I must finish in 2019.

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 71
                              Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X