Finished is Better Than Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tammie’s 2018 list

Okay, here goes for 2018. Still have some leftovers from 2017, so maybe they will get finished this year. This is a really hopeful list...

1. Process scrap bucket - February
    2. I Spy Tumblers quilt and bind - September
    3. Tonga borders - January DONE
    4. Carolina Chain quilt and bind - July
    5. On Ringo Lake top - October
    6. On Ringo Lake quilt and bind - November
    7. Split Nine Patch top - August
    8. Split Nine Patch quilt and bind - June
    9. I Spy Tumblers top - April
    10. Ongoing Hexi quilt - March
    11. Carolina Chain top
    12. Tonga quilt and bind - May

I’ve given up on shifting numbers around so I can work on a current project. I still haven’t touched anything on my list...haven’t done any quilting this year yet. Alterations seem to be the thing right now. I’ve lost 31 pounds, so I’ve been taking up all my skirts so I still have clothes. Can’t get my quilting mojo back!

Comment

Congratulations on the weight loss. That is amazing. Do you have a certain program/diet you are following? I need to loose but just don't have the drive/motivation to keep it going.

Comment

I’ve been eating whole food plant based for a few years...just tightened up what I’m eating. No sugar, oil, flour, salt or alcohol. Not something everyone can do, but I found that I’m a food addict, so cracking down on addictive foods is like an alcoholic getting rid of the alcohol. It’s working fabulously and no more cravings or crazy eating.

Comment

I’m really going to have to rethink my list for next year. I actually only had 2 UFO’s on this list. The rest were quilts I wanted to do. Never started that, and it makes me feel like I really didn’t get anything done. Need a different plan for 2019. I am hoping to get my king size Tonga quilt quilted before the end of the year. Rearranged my sewing room to get better access to my quilt frame, and cleaned everything off of it. It is kinda like the unused treadmill that becomes a place to hang laundry that needs to be ironed...

Everything is put away except the two quilts that are waiting on me to quilt them. Here’s hoping they get done before the Quiltville mystery goes live Black Friday!

Comment

Congratulations on the weight loss. I have been trying to keep to whole food plant based eating this year. I started the year off right, but with all my health problems it was a big challenge to keep with this way of eating. I know that when I do, I feel much better, and the extra weight does come off.

I also understand not having quilting mojo. That was me last year. This year was not much better, though, again due to my health problems. My whole list will probably be repeated for 2019.
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Finished is Better Than Perfect

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2018? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2018.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 71
            Comments: 389

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X