January was #3

February was #12

March was #4

April was #10

May was #2

June was #5

July was #7

AUGUST IS #1

I just can't seem to find any spare moment for quilting... And I miss it so much!
    Yet I am on a deadline to finish a small baby quilt for a cousin that I haven't seen in 5 years who is coming over to introduce to the family the baby girl she gave birth to last November. The top is finished -I just appliquéed some details from a panel- but it needs being basted and quilted (nothing too fancy, babies don't care). 10 days left before she arrives.
    Which means I had zero time for my UFOs.

How are you doing with your lists? Does also life get in your way?

Comment

Thanks Lourixe for continuing to cheer us up, I know your work and summer is the season with more people so you don´t have time or energy to sew but winter will come and you will return to patchwork. I eat every summer I am dedicating myself to the sewing, my eldest daughter asken me for linen pants that she loves and I have made three and now I am finishing two native costume with skirt ahd petticoat, shirt, vest and the underpants with embroidery and ties, so I must also wait until September to continue with my UFO´s. I hope by December my list will be a little shorter

Comment

Thank you Lourixe for continuing to draw the numbers each month despite your busy schedule.

My #1 is the square in a square, this will definitely have to go last as it's huge and I have no idea how I'll manage to quilt it on my domestic sewing machine. I'll just plod on with the rest of my UFO's, although I didn't do any in July. I've been busy making Linus quilts, project bags for my cross stitch and shorts for DD and myself. I have started sandwiching the Dresden plate quilt but not sure when I'll get to finish it as I go on holiday next week for a week. Will have to wait and see what transpires.

Comment

I had a great start the first part of the year, finishing most of my quilts before April
          but then I discovered a passion for EPP, and have been consumed with a Grandmother's Flower quilt

I also got side tracked with Secret Santa projects, and LA quilting a few quilts for others.

I've put away my hexi template and papers, and actually have started quilting on my 11th UFO this week. I'm committed to finishing this one before diving back into the hexi pile.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us on track. I finished my #7 for July. The top was done in a class and I finished it in February. I just had to sandwich and quilt. I also managed to finish another for Victoria quilts. I have 2 more to do before September. I also made a baby quilt for my GF's niece. Dare I say it's been really hot and humid, which means I stay indoors.

My #1 is Grand Adventure, also know as majestic mountains. It's been done for a few years but it's bitter sweet. It was for my nephew who got married in 2017. I chose the patten as they got engaged on top of a mountain, and live adventurously. The background fabric was Basically Patrick, also his name. Since it's from the the ex-side of the family and my ex was there, I wasn't invited. I would not be honest if I said it didn't hurt. I find it awkward when I see them, and now that they have a baby, I even hesitate to give a gift, not knowing if it's appreciated. I will finish and present it anyway.

Life does get in the way, but it goes on, and I will quilt #1. I find quilting to be my relaxing time for myself.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 37
            Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
              Willcox and Gibbs
              by chelea
              Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
              November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
            • KPH
              My Secret Santa box has arrived.
              by KPH
              Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
              November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
            • KPH
              Secret Santa Arrivals
              by KPH
              Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
              November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
            • Monique
              It has arrived
              by Monique
              My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
              November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
            • KPH
              New Leader needed for 2021
              by KPH
              We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
              November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
            Working...
            X