Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Lourixe's absence, May's # is......

We haven't heard from Lourixe in a while, so I'm gonna step up until she returns, I hope none of you mind.

January was #3

February was #12

March was #4

April was #10

May is .......#2

Hopefully we will hear from Lourixe soon. In the meantime, let's all continue to work toward our goal of reducing our UFO pile, and cheer each other on.

Note I typed "Reducing our UFO pile", not clearing it. It's not how many you get done that matters, what matters is that you feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in your progress. Even if you only finish one project this year that's been sitting on a shelf, give yourself a pat on the back for taking that step!

Thanks Caroline for stepping in.

Comment

Thank you for saying reducing the ufo collection. I will be moving this month and will not be able to work on any of mine. In June I should be able to work on some of them.

Comment

Thanks Caroline. I need a good kick in the..... to get me also out of this funk. I've been so distracted with starting new quilts, but ignoring the obvious ones that are finished and just need to be quilted.

I may get some more done next week, if this cold and wet weather continues.

Edit - bonus I finished #2 this winter, but still need to catch up on previous months.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thanks, Caroline, for helping everybody out when I completely forgot about checking in here and posting May's number! I am so very sorry and feel extremely guilty.

I need to catch up with all you have done so far. We are 4 1/2 months into 2019 and I have only completed one of my UFO's. This is reducing the pile, but not much. I am actually wanting to quilt some more, but I really don't have any time right now. I love my job, but it is very demanding during the high season. Today has been my first day off in a long while, and I just unpacked the ruler foot and thread I purchased at a Spanish quilt festival... in March. I have been playing a little, quilting with rulers, it has been fun. My cat is going to get a new mat for the windowsill...

Comment

Wow - I just looked back at my prior posts, and I realized I haven't completed anything on my UFO list in two months! I did get a good start on the pile in the beginning of the year, but then work got busy for me, as Lourixe calls it in her profession...."high season", in my profession we call it "Tax Season", so I can totally relate to what she's going thru.

I enjoy seeing everyone else's completed projects, so many beauties!

Comment

I'm guilty of starting a new project and forget about my list of goals I need to do instead. However, I do have the T-shirt quilt loaded and ready to quilt just need to not sit when I get home at night and Get R Done.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 37
              Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X