Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April's number

How are you doing? I didn't work at any UFO lately, but I had the opportunity of playing on a LA at the International Patchwork Festival of Sitges (close to Barcelona, Spain). It was FUN!!!

I work tomorrow so I am drawing April's number now.

January was #3
    February was #12
    March was #4

April is... #10 !

Oh goodie, that was is already done so I get a month off. Oh wait, I still haven't done March! Guess that means I get an extension on March's project?

Comment

Ok, so I skipped around and have finished #5 and #6 this month.

I started working on #4 today. The top was done, so I had to piece the back and some batting. I have started quilting, so I may get it done shortly.

Ahh, #10 is a challenge for me. It was originally going to be for my son, but he said he didn't need a quilt. I gave him 3 comforters before I started quilting 5 years ago, and he said he didn't need any at this time. But he recently said he is buying a queen size mattress, and so I will crank out that Skyline quilt. If not for him, it will go in the Stack.

Happy sewing. Lourixe, how nice that you got to play with a long arm.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Well I didn't really get anything much done in March, life and an accident with the rotary cutter got in the way; also I wasn't sure how to quilt the wallflower quilt so had no real enthusiasm to do it. I'll move to April's UFO which is an autumnal lap quilt to finish. I think I'll manage that and return to number 4 at a later date. Although to tell the truth I've rather lost my mojo and generally feeling a little down due to recent family issues, but I'm one of those who can spring back quickly.

Thank Lourixe for continuing to draw the numbers for us. Hope you have a good month.

Comment

Well, it's mid-April and I finished my January project... this year has been brutal... I miss my sewing room and space and time!! I am sewing, just not with the same frequency I used to manage. At least in America there is easier access to beautiful fabrics and notions, so when I do eek out the time it is productive!!

Comment

So far this month seems to be a bust. Projects UFOs haven't moved forward at all. I did get distracted one afternoon and made a queen size top for my grandson's birthday next month. I'm hoping that I have some time soon.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 37
            Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X