Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARCH number is...

January was #3, February was #12, March is...

Sorry I have been MIA and I don't have the time now to catch up with all your wonderful projects, but please keep stitching!

That's super. My #4 is the ribbon star top that I made at an in-town retreat in November. So now I will sew up the backing and quilt it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I haven't really finished anything yet this year. I started strong in January and have two tops close to completion but other things have taken my focus away. I didn't even work on my February top yet, but the second one from January is another one on my list so I may do a swap of numbers.

My #4 is my quilt I started in 2014 for my mom for Christmas--yes, that was a long time ago! It's probably 1/2 way to completion. The center is done I need to work on the 6 1/2" blocks that are on point in the border. This works out as I was just thinking I really wanted to work on that one and get it finished so I can hopefully get it done for this Christmas.
      "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

My #4 is to quilt the wallflower raw edge applique. I was hoping this would come up later in the year when I felt more confident in the quilting process. I'll have to think about it, I may swap it around.

Comment

My #4 is to quilt the wallflower raw edge applique. I was hoping this would come up later in the year when I felt more confident in the quilting process. I'll have to think about it, I may swap it around.

Comment

My #4 is a butterfly quilt top. The base of the top is mostly completed, but I need to attach about 30-35 butterflies to it. I will be working on this ufo this friday at my local quilt store and get help from the staff with the butterflies. Then I am thinking of adding a border or two and it will be ready for a backing and quilting.

Comment

You have all been working hard! I made some garments in January and February, but none was an UFO. Actually, I haven't worked at any of the # I was supposed to, the only quilting I have done is some progress at my hand quilted hexi project. My #4 should be to FMQ and finish what I call my Senior Quilt. It actually is an abridged version of the 365Challenge quilt, in tans and blues.

Comment

My #12 (February's number which I have not done yet!) is a row by row from last year - the skyline of Atlanta which is fitting, because we're about to sell our Atlanta home and move :-(

My #4 is my yo-yo dog ... a UFO that I came across yesterday before reading this post and thought "I really need to finish this". and I might manage to do it this month!!

My # 3 - January - is finally in progress and looking more like a pile of blocks than a pile of fabric, so that's something.... I was intimidated by the project but after a sewing date with my friend figured out what was bugging me and found my way forward. What a relief!

sorry I've been MIA this year- I really wanted to be more present ... but life gets in the way of my "down time" frequently....

Comment

A little behind, but my #4 quilt (Ribbon Star) is quilted and binding will be finished today. Somehow it was sandwiched and sitting waiting to be done for a good 6 weeks. I was over-thinking how to quilt it. Sometimes, I just need to sit down and get started. I will post pictures soon.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 37
                  Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X